Keyboard Problem

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Out of the blue the QWE and R keys on my laptop have stopped responding and I cannot login to Windows (obviously I’ve no idea if this is specific to Windows login as can’t login).

It’s an old work laptop that work never picked up when I retired and I’ve stopped chasing…and I doubt it’s had any Windows updates as all were, I think, delivered through my work account and I obviously no longer have access to my old work account, nor do I wish to have any access. Flip side is that I don’t think my old work will have any access to the laptop or awareness that I’ve still got it and that I’m still using it. Maybe they do.

Any thoughts…

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Can you plug in an external keyboard (USB port if no specific port) to overcome the problem?
I do have a keyboard in the loft...though in truth I don't really need to use the laptop as I have another that does fine - though the battery dies very quickly which is a bit of a faff.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I also have a problem for you tech men.

i have an iPad and when I type I may have spelt a word wrong in the past and it picks up that word, similar to auto correct. Eg if I had spelt had as hdad that may return. I use gmail usually when I am sending mails

TIA

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I also have a problem for you tech men.

i have an iPad and when I type I may have spelt a word wrong in the past and it picks up that word, similar to auto correct. Eg if I had spelt had as hdad that may return. I use gmail usually when I am sending mails

TIA
I recognise that irritation with my iPad also.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gently pop the offending keys off and give it a good blow/clean with a small brush. Laptop keyboards are really susceptible to small crumbs getting under the keys