Most you have paid for a round of golf ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is why I missd the big GM arranged meet that there used to be. Was my annual chance to play a decent course at an affordable price. The last one at Hillside in the glorious sunshine was superb

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
50 quid as a guest at Centurion when my swing clicks and Mr G invites me.

Apart from that it is probably the Woburn meets with GM. As a poorly paid but extremely hard grafting BT engineer I cant justify more than maybe £75 max.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
8 years ago, $265 Canadian to play Banff Springs, worth every cent; great course and an absolutely stunning setting. Probably be beaten this year if I get onto Mid Ocean.

D

Deleted member 1740

I honestly cannot remember how much I've paid to play any of the course's I've played, i usually just book with a few mates and play.

I enjoy my golf so i try to play a couple of the higher rated tracks every year.

I couldn't do it every month but 2 or 3 times a year i don't mind.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Yep - cracking lunch in the clubouse too! Is the Castle the one out of town on the cliff top? Ate up there too and thought it looked stunning??
Yes, stunning views, lovely course, but the greens.:mad: You do want to play it though to make your own mind up. I would say that it is the friendliest Club I have ever played at. All the staff from the Manager to the halfway hut lady could not have been nicer. Staff at the other St Andrews courses were great as well. Just makes the experience even greater.:thup:

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably Lytham that was about £110 I think....

Got lucky as it was just in winter rates in September/October and it was a glorious day, shirt sleeves and sunshine.

Course was a beast though.

North of £150 I'd be starting to wonder if it was worth it, although looking at pebble beach and cypress point for my 40th that will go out the window!!!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I paid £115 for the Old Course at St Andrews in 2005 , I paid more for Valderama , about 200 Euros and then there was Loch Lomond , that was totally priceless .........................................EYG
We paid £14 for a round at St Andrews back in 1982 .Gleneagles charged the same but you got to play the Glendevon and the Kings. changed days.

Last edited:

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Mr Mimms spent over £200 when we went to Pebble Beach.
I decided if I was going to spend that sort of money, I'd rather buy shoes... So I didn't play.
However my $10 spent on a buggy to go round with his 3 ball (walking with caddies) was an absolute bargain!
California when it rains, looks just like Scotland!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
200 Euros for Valderrama and happily pay it again, was fortunate to play all the Open venues and some other top end tracks before prices went crazy!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
£70 for Eden or £55 for Anahita

Can't see me paying more until a milestone birthday pressie comes round when I want to play Kingsbarns (Wife asked where in the world would I want to play etc and that's my choice)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
£110 for Royal Dornoch last year. Would happily pay that again. Also £95 for Nairn. Lovely course, but without wishing to offend Patricks148 I'm not sure I'd want to keep paying £95 each time. But membership might be a different thing - although not that convenient from London.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hid has lashed out on golf for me on special occasions, but as the money comes from our bank I guess I've paid too!

I have had games at the West Course, Wentworth (£225 then I think), the New Course, Sunningdale (about £200) and the Ryder Cup course and the Kings Course (with a pro) at Gleneagles ( can't begin to guess the cost)

I might stick with the old girl!

Airlie_Andy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Me and a group of mates are playing the Belfry at the end of April. £175 each for 1 nights B&B and a round on the PGA and a round on the Brabazon. I'll let you know if it was worth it after we've been.

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was lucky enough to have played some really good courses either in junior opens a few years ago, or as a guest / competition winner:

Royal Lytham - Junior Open
Hillside - Junior Open
S&A - Junior Open
Formby - 6th form match
Birkdale - guest rate with friend from Uni (£27)
Wentworth West - GM TM day

and many more around the North West.

West Hill at the H4H day was the most I'd paid for a days golfing with everything in, but then again, a large chunk of that was going to charideee and would gladly pay the same again.

Otherwise, I played Frilford Heath in glorious sunshine last week, for £55 which was 36 holes plus bacon butties / tea and lunch. Was incredible value for money and we'll definitely be trying to do that again soon before the summer prices come in.