Most you have paid for a round of golf ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
£210 to play The Old, New and Jubilee so not sure what the actual split would be...

If I knew the weather would be good and my game equally so then I'd feel much more inclined to pay £100+ for a round at a special course BUT this is the UK and this is golf!!

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I paid £115 for the Old Course at St Andrews in 2005 , I paid more for Valderama , about 200 Euros and then there was Loch Lomond , that was totally priceless .........................................EYG

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Paid about £130 iirc for Birkdale last November including lunch. Was worth every penny.

Jammy git! I paid 145 quite a few years ago, and that didn't include lunch! Definitely worth it though! That's my max.

150 at Sunningdale just pips that, but that was for both courses.

250 at once was most I forked out, but that was a 'special deal' for the week at Les Bordes! Accomodation and food was about that per night! Again, not regretted at all!

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
£210 to play The Old, New and Jubilee so not sure what the actual split would be...
I did that one Amanda. Also got a voucher for £20 in the clubhouse. Think it works out at £100 for the Old and £55 each for the other two. We played the Castle instead of the New as had played it before. Wish I had played it again.:(

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
You paid £260 too much :rofl:

It worked out even more when you include throwing in an overnight stay for me and my faithful caddie :whoo: and a practice round for the 2 of us the day before (also at an inflated price!! ), we also played Royal Norwich after the TT as we had a stupid o clock tee off time, so decided to kill some time waiting around to see if I'd qualified.........I didn't..... :rofl:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did that one Amanda. Also got a voucher for £20 in the clubhouse. Think it works out at £100 for the Old and £55 each for the other two. We played the Castle instead of the New as had played it before. Wish I had played it again.:(

Yep - cracking lunch in the clubouse too! Is the Castle the one out of town on the cliff top? Ate up there too and thought it looked stunning??

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nail on head!! Was pretty good in the early days with the likes of Bearwood Lakes and the London Club, but nowadays a lot of the courses can be played for £30

Rip off anyway and full of bandits with Handicaps obtained from the fiction section of the local Library ..............past its sell by date now

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jammy git! I paid 145 quite a few years ago, and that didn't include lunch! Definitely worth it though! That's my max.

150 at Sunningdale just pips that, but that was for both courses.

250 at once was most I forked out, but that was a 'special deal' for the week at Les Bordes! Accomodation and food was about that per night! Again, not regretted at all!

I would say £150 is my max too. Anything above that is uncalled for imo.

Luckily for me so far i dont think ive ever played a course where i have felt ripped off. I do always look for deals though as most places even the top courses do deals at some point or if you get a group etc.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing with a member is a good idea. Now who do we know that is a member of a top club who can't wait to invite us for a game ?

Rick are you there?;)

He invited me last year when Fish played and I could not make it. Was not happy that I was at in laws that weekend.

Part of the problem with places like The Belfry is not just the cost of the round and accommodation but also the cost of the food and beer.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My society are playing 10 courses this year starting with The Buckinghamshire tomorrow, with Brocket Hall, Downshire, Goring & Streetley,Lingfield Park, Foxhills, Castle Royal, Northwood,Kirtlington & Huntercombe on the list

That will cost £600 including food (nom nom) which I dont think is too bad

my 5 day membership at Aylesbury costs £575

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
From memory the most I've paid is 50-60 quid and to be honest I'd be hard pressed to be able to justify paying much more