Most expensive Club membership and joining fees

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It makes you wonder, do they have waiting lists of people willing to part Audi S5 money at membership fees, is there a decline in number?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It makes you wonder, do they have waiting lists of people willing to part Audi S5 money at membership fees, is there a decline in number?

Are people at that end of the financial scale suffering? I suspect not. A friend of a friend used to be a member at Loch Lomond. I asked my friend how often his had played there during the previous season. About twice was the answer. He joined because he could, it was on a bucket list and it was a status thing. A level of wealth I am not a party to.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Are people at that end of the financial scale suffering? I suspect not. A friend of a friend used to be a member at Loch Lomond. I asked my friend how often his had played there during the previous season. About twice was the answer. He joined because he could, it was on a bucket list and it was a status thing. A level of wealth I am not a party to.

A friend of mine likes to tell a story about Loch Lomond (not sure if it's true but it does sound good) about a person who managed to get membership there. Took a weeks holiday there and played 36 every day. At the end of the week they were told that they played way too much and had their membership revoked.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
And I heard you are limited to around 15 rounds a year

Fudge status symbols, I play because I enjoy it, and at those rates I'd expect paula creamer to personally wash me off with champagne at the end of the round for good measure!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Duckster - I heard a similar story about a member who was told they were playing too much, membership not revoked though, when I went to watch the Scottish Open at Loch Lomond a few years ago. I wasn't sure at the time whether it was just one of those stories that go into folklore but maybe not. Amazing stuff.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just wish it was as cheap as the UK over here.

I made an inquiry at a local Country Club and they invited to have a courtesy round and see what they have to offer. Gym, Pool, members driving range with courtesy Z-Star balls, perfectly manicured greens, excellent food, very good pro shop, but it was a very average course to play. After the round I chatted with the membership manager. It was the she put the prices in front me.

I nearly had a heart attack when I Saw $17,000 joining fee with $900 a month membership fees strapped on top. Apparently that is one of the cheaper places to play round here, I think I'll stick with nomadic golf for now........:(

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I made an inquiry at a local Country Club and they invited to have a courtesy round and see what they have to offer. Gym, Pool, members driving range with courtesy Z-Star balls, perfectly manicured greens, excellent food, very good pro shop, but it was a very average course to play. After the round I chatted with the membership manager. It was the she put the prices in front me.

I nearly had a heart attack when I Saw $17,000 joining fee with $900 a month membership fees strapped on top. Apparently that is one of the cheaper places to play round here, I think I'll stick with nomadic golf for now........:(

Have they added an extra nought by mistake ?

Mastercracker

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Makes you wonder how the US produces decent players? They cant all be the Sons and Daughters of well off parents?!

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
In my area I understand that The Centurion, The Buckinghamshire and Moor Park are quite expensive to join. At least their joining and membership fees were eye-watering enough to put me off, as an OAP. :(

Last edited: