Most expensive Club membership and joining fees

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It might even be less than that if you live in St Andrews, i think my mate said along the lines of £250 for his links ticket.

Could be wrong, but I think the 'Links Ticket' is a separate cost (payable to The St Sndrews Links Trust) to joining one of the Golf Clubs there.

Students at St Andrews University get a particularly good deal!

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Could be wrong, but I think the 'Links Ticket' is a separate cost (payable to The St Sndrews Links Trust) to joining one of the Golf Clubs there.

Students at St Andrews University get a particularly good deal!

your right. I had the North East Fife Links Ticket, I then paid a further £200 a year I think to be a member of the New Club of St Andrews. Still at around £700 a year it was a good deal.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are something like 19 different classifications of St Andrews links ticket covering numerous circumstances such as restricted or 7 day tickets, age, residency, club memberships etc. The most you can pay is £900, which is an adult 7 day ticket without any locality or affiliated club membership.

If you're a member of a recognised club living in north east Fife a full 7 day ticket costs £400. A 7 day town resident ticket is £200 - but only if you can show you're a permanent resident on the local authority electoral role.

Golf in St Andrews is fantastic value. The only problem is the waiting list but that has improved drastically in the last couple of years as more tickets are being released.