Most balls lost during a round?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I lost seven today. Seven! Even more ridiculous, not one was lost when driving, all were lost from bad iron shots. I lost 3 in 3 shots on one hole - for some reason I started slicing them really badly, which is something I never do.

What's the record for lost balls?

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
at my old club, I've seen someone loose 2 dozen. Bought a box before he set off, came in after 9 to buy another box and walked off 18 playing his last ball out the second box. (he was a cack hander and had just started playing)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can certainly match your 7. I'm playing at Linden Hall and that is not out of the question if your game is off. Water on par 3 holes, thick rough or woodland on certain holes. Lovely course and not a killer by any means but if you are off colour then you can quickly go through balls. Thankfully it only happens once or twice a year.

Ball loss is quite course dependent I think. Try Burgham up here and you should have the same ball all 18 holes.

I buy decent lake balls in the winter so I don't get stressed about it. Brush it off as a bad day at the office.

JakeWS

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Think I've just done about 6, developed a massive hook opposed to you, when my usual miss was a slice. Hook every shot.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i lost 12 i think at Tain in an open, bad case of the shermans walked in after 8 holes as well:(

but trumping that was the Nairnshire County champs a couple of years ago. Was with a guy from Nairn Dunbar who shot 72 gross in the morning Dunbar using nothing but a 3 wood was leading by at least 5 shots. At Nairn in the afternoon he used the driver, despite Nairn being shorter by 50 yards off the blues. he lost balls all over the place, i even had to lend him a few, it was so bad that to finish he had to get a ball from the practice ground just so he could complete the round... 102. i'm not completely sure how many he lost but it was a lot and all off the tee.

chrisg

Head Pro
Visit site
I reckon an easy 7.
I once did 4 consecutive chips into a lake next to the 18th green.... mates were in tears laughing, especially as i'd declared it as a "bread and butter shot" before I started!!!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My personal best is 7 on the back 9 of a local course - I just couldnt hit the little buggers straight.
On my company golf break to The Club in Lithuania 2 years ago 12 of us lost 110 balls during the first round - 1 guy done 20 by himself

Kirky

Visit site
6 is my record. They were all off the tee too. Packed that in on the 16th and started using my 5 iron instead. Non lost after that.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played with a guy that lost 12 and almost lost another 12.
There were daisies growing everywhere. we spent ages searching, even on the fairways.:(

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not a stat I'd keep an accurate count on but I'd guess about 10 would be the worst round (mostly 3 off the tee if I remember with water & unfindable areas just off the fairway on all holes)