Most balls lost during a round?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
6, but it was when I was very new to the game and visiting a new course for the first time, I get miffed when I lose 1 now but have lost 2 back to back on a 2nd (then subsequently 3rd/4th) shot on our 13th where the river runs down the side of the fairway, I've had a member who has 1 of those very long ball retrievers take great pleasure in telling me he's fished a few of my balls out of the river, he never gives them me back though :mad:

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think I lost 7 or 8 on one round. Very windy day in early autumn, trees went from leafy to bare overnight. Lost all the balls in the leaves.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I lost 6 on one hole a few years ago. Short par 3, all carry over water, pin right at the front. In my head I was convinced it was a 52 wedge. Once the 2nd ball hit the bank and rolled in it became a battle of wills. I lost. Used the PW for the 7th ball.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
The first hole at my old homecourse was a very sharp dogleg to the right, bending around a field (which was oob) and a thicket at the end of it. Left side wasn't a good bailout either, because it had very high unforgiving rough. It was very common to loose three or four balls off the tee there. The smart kids of the farmer who owned the field had sensed the business opportunity and were selling found balls. They just put them in little plastic bags and attached them to the fence on the second hole ... if you took a bag you had to leave two Euro in a little piggy bank they had tied next to it. German golfers are a very honest folk, at least I never heard complaints about money going missing are balls taken without payment. Anyway, the rest of the course wasn't much better. It was literally build into the woods and pretty much every fairway missed by more than a few yards meant a lost ball. They had a tricky par 3 with an island green as well ... did not help matters. When my parents visited me there for the first time, my father lost ten balls and was absolutely furious, swearing never to play the course again. I think my own record was 6 on a 9-hole round.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Twelve. A box-full. Literally. Bought them before the round, put the box in the bag and it wasn't there when i finished. How it came out of the bag I'll never know but someone following behind must have thought Christmas had come.

Lost through playing i think it's 10 - which included 6 on one hole. Failed to clear a lake with one shot, then duffed the next straight back in the water. Red mist descended and in a fit of pique 4 more followed into the drink before i got one across. (And no, there was no-one behind)

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A guy on another forum just posted his card (135, or 138 something like that) and stated among many other points that he lost 19 balls. Personally on a very bad day I have lost 7-9 but can't remember higher. Never quite sure how you can reach that sort of score. Nevertheless I tip my hat at his honest and humbling post. Not sure I would have done so

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure most in one round. Last night though I lost 3 at Caldy. Genuinley more than Ive lost all year. The rough was high and thick ready for thier club champs next week.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I used to carry a large bag of them when I started and was playing courses like Braid Hills...

Some of them probably weren't actually 'lost' though - merely 'stolen' (then offered back for a fee!)! A couple of notorious holes for that! And the 'posher' courses weren't exempt either! Both Mortonhall and Duddingston have a couple of such holes too!