Morgado and Alamos - Portugal

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Played Morgado and it was good,that was when it was new about 3 years ago and was very good condition.I had a look at Alamos as they were building it then and looked like it was going to be nice and have since heard it is and is also fairly cheap for the Algarve.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
A stag week golfing in the Algarve........In my day it was an evening in the local pub, and if your mates were feeling flush you might get a stripper gram.

How things change....anyway hope you have a great time.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I played them both in 2007. Both good fun and challenging. BTW I left my sweater on the back of a chair on the terrace a Alamos. Let me know if it's still there. It was green size XL.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played both in October---i was impressed with both courses but especially Morgado, thers nothing tricky about it everything is in front of you it has some superb holes, the 3rd is a fine par 5, 5th a good par 3 and the closing three holes a par 5, par 3 and par 4 make it a fiting finish.

Alamos is its sister course, its only problem there are a number of long treks between greens and tees, thankfully the buggies are very useful.

Unfortunately the courses do not have stroke savers for sale.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Resurrecting an old thread to keep it all in one place.

Getting back on a plane in September, going to be staying locally. Have not played either of these before so fancy giving them a go to add new courses to list. Anyone with more recent commentary above Morgado and Alamos???

We have friends who live on Palmares, so hope to be playing there again at Guest Rates! :)