Map where you've played

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Oh crikey!

I haven’t got a clue how many courses, although I think it’s in 8 countries. I think I’ve been a member of 14 clubs across 5 countries.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I've played at 88 clubs in England and one in Scotland (Tobermory GC). At some of those clubs I've played more than one course.

In 2023, I've played at 30 different venues including 11 that were new to me this year: Barnsley, Brierley Forest, Burstwick, Matlock, Oakmere Park, Phoenix, Renishaw Park, Rother Valley, Ruddington Grange, Sickleholme and Thorne.

Started filling in the map but stopped when I discovered that there are courses missing.

Last edited:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I've played at 88 clubs in England and one in Scotland (Tobermory GC). At some of those clubs I've played more than one course.
In 2023, I've played at 30 different venues including 11 that were new to me this year: Barnsley, Brierley Forest, Burstwick, Matlock, Oakmere Park, Phoenix, Renishaw Park, Rother Valley, Ruddington Grange, Sickleholme and Thorne.

Started filling in the map but stopped when I discovered that there are courses missing.

If you message the guy behind the website he'll add any missing courses for you, (y)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I'm not going to bother doing the map for myself.
But there may be many courses that I have played that no longer exist that might not be on the map.
eg
Painthorpe, Wakefield.
Middleton Park, Leeds.
Western Park, Leicester.
Park Hill, Leicestershire.
and likely a few more that I have forgotten.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I'm not going to bother doing the map for myself.
But there may be many courses that I have played that no longer exist that might not be on the map.
eg
Painthorpe, Wakefield.
Middleton Park, Leeds.
Western Park, Leicester.
Park Hill, Leicestershire.
and likely a few more that I have forgotten.

Middleton was a great course - best not played alone though. I once walked through the trees to the far side of the course and a group of about ten kids were sat on the tee. “Can we have a go mister” I let them hit a few shots with my clubs and all was good, but genuinely thought they were going to rob me blind of all my golf gear..

AussieKB

Visit site
On my recent trip to England I added 9 course, which takes me well over 200 for UK, Ireland, France and Spain, I will have to finally count up the one's here in OZ, Thailand and US at some stage.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Middleton was a great course - best not played alone though. I once walked through the trees to the far side of the course and a group of about ten kids were sat on the tee. “Can we have a go mister” I let them hit a few shots with my clubs and all was good, but genuinely thought they were going to rob me blind of all my golf gear..
I have remembered another one. Normanton, Snydale Road. Played there with my dad and brother. Three bob in the honesty box as we were there very early.
It is all housing now. One of the streets is called Fairway.

sjw

Visit site
Put together a custom Google maps of where I've played so far. I'm only a couple of years into my golfing journey so I definitely want to get adding to this! Would love to play abroad but realistically don't have anyone to go with. Could solo trip it, I suppose. Or book one of those solo holiday golf trip things.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
when i worked from home i had a map of the UK on the wall and had pins and stickers of all the courses i had played, when i retired my wife moved into the office and got rid of all my stuff and replaced it with hers. no idea where it is now or how many courses were on it,

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Put together a custom Google maps of where I've played so far. I'm only a couple of years into my golfing journey so I definitely want to get adding to this! Would love to play abroad but realistically don't have anyone to go with. Could solo trip it, I suppose. Or book one of those solo holiday golf trip things.

I have one of those

Reactions: sjw

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not that much in the Uk .. but played in China, Australia, Canada, USA, Malaysia, Spain , France , Sweden.. think that’s it

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Money, money, money…never had that much to spare and so I haven’t played many outside of the UK.😟

Alternatively simply name one that you have played that you think few others will have. I’ll start with Nuwara Eliya.

Last edited: