Golf holidays in Bulgaria and Prague

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ve been hit seated to sort out next years golf trip, having done Portugal and Spain I thought I’d have a look around at something a bit different. Balchik Bulgaria and Prague seem to offer something a bit different.

Balchik would be the below courses:

BlackSeaRama & Thracian cliffs ( both gary player courses, and the lighthouse course by Ian Woosnam.

Prague would be the below courses.

The panorama, black ridge golf club and Prague city golf club.

Any feedback would be great, Prague and “forget” my clubs is also a strong contender.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Black Sea Rama is a lovely golf course.
Can't talk about nightlife as the were there for a wedding and didn't really go offsite.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
In Prague you must check out the Blue Duck restaurants (there are two of them...I ate in the one in the Lesser Town area on the Castle side of the river). https://www.umodrekachnicky.cz/en/nebovidska

I ate there in 1997 and the food was magnificent.

I advised someone to go there in 2008...and they reported the food was fantastic.

I also advised someone to go there in 2017....ditto.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just back from Thracian, just posted a few pics in the pictures thread.

Played Thracian and Lighthouse. Decent trip, all inclusive at Lighthouse, food and beer ok, nice rooms, decent enough hotel. Thracian was good, but tough, Lighthouse was OK, both courses seemed to play much longer than they advertise - soft fairways, and soft slow greens. Worth a visit to Thracian for sure, wouldn't go any further back than silver tees at 6400, tough from there with the long carries and narrow landing areas on some holes.