Monday 29th March

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The problem we're going to have is that we can only book 2 rounds initially between Monday and Saturday when the booking opens this Wednesday
Fragger's taking a day off to play Wednesday so that leaves 1 more .
From Friday at 8pm the book is wide open and we can mop up any other times available.
Have to plan the 2nd round of the week, probably Friday and then see what's available
With the clocks moving the day before we have more time in the evenings...should be some slots available then.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Bookings opened this evening. We are allowed to book only 4 tee times during the first 2 weeks back. After 48 hours we can jump in where there’s space. No problem getting the days we (my regular 4 ball buddies) wanted.

The golf is going to be rough, the views beautiful and the company is going to be awesome!

Counting the sleeps

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
1 week to go.

Tee time bookings still being battled over every morning at 7am.

We are now 2 weeks out from Easter half term holidays, so ill be playing golf every day, plenty of bookings to get in this week!

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've discovered that we will be on compulsory mats until the end of April. I'm not entirely sure that members will appreciate this after three months without play. Especially as we have the self proclaimed reputation of 'a course for all seasons', which has encouraged players from other local courses to join.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
4 balls every 8mins between 7:30am and 3:30pm means that 240 members can play in a four ball each day. Shouldn't be any issues everyone getting a round or two first week back.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our booking opened last night for 29th and most slots are full. Can get a slot with a couple of 3 balls, but quite a few bookings have ‘anonymous’ down as the 3rd/4th player, despite loads of warnings that these will be removed. Why do people do this?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Our booking opened last night for 29th and most slots are full. Can get a slot with a couple of 3 balls, but quite a few bookings have ‘anonymous’ down as the 3rd/4th player, despite loads of warnings that these will be removed. Why do people do this?

When we came out the first lockdown, we had folk putting down "guest' as the 3rd and 4th players, but routinely turning up with no guests. The club put a stop to it by saying the member would be charged the green fee for any "guests" who failed to show.

That said, I've noticed that our new captain is able to book a 4 ball by putting his name down and then "captain" x 3. Never seen this before, and not sure if it's the norm elsewhere, but it doesn't set a great example imo.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Ours went live at midnight for the 29th and I went on at 8am to see what was left. Was greeted by an empty tee sheet for the afternoon!

Nice little solo round booked in to avoid any embarrassment ?.

D

Deleted member 15344

All the clubs were offered by IG to have the annoymous removed after a specific time period

We give people 5 minutes or the system will remove it automatically

I’ll also check the tee sheets after to ensure none are still there

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last night there was an extra stage in the booking procedure this threw me off for a few seconds net result missed our usual time. To tries later and finally got a slot an hour later than usual virtually all slots for 18 holes gone by 2 minutes after 8.

One good thing is the clocks change on Sunday so it gets darker later.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All the clubs were offered by IG to have the annoymous removed after a specific time period

We give people 5 minutes or the system will remove it automatically

I’ll also check the tee sheets after to ensure none are still there

Ours is set so that a player has 10 minutes in which to complete the booking ie all 4 slots in one team time are held until then if the player has ticked the 4 player option.

The office normally go through the next day and remove all anonymous bookings.

I wonder if they have changed it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Ours is the same.
Anyone booking themselves in with "Anonymous" gets the whole booking cancelled after a certain amount of time if real names aren't entered.
The whole booking ? Blimey

The system can be set up to just remove the annoymous from the booking - and that’s all we did

Some don’t realise that when just booking a 2 ball they at times use the 4ball then finish the booking once they put 2 in

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went live for 29th at 9:00 this morning so was waitingvwith finger poised. Was hoping to get something between 10 & 11. Managed to bag 10:40. Happy days. Pretty well all slots booked by 5 past 9.

D

Deleted member 15344

Tee time booked for next Monday ?

Ours went live at 6

5 fourball spots left , loads of 9 hole spots and a good number of empty spots for people to join

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
So glad I don’t have any of this fighting for tees that seem to go on. I’m currently playing on 1st April, lesson on the 2nd and then playing again Saturday morning.

I think our bookings open up 1 month in advance, but we still have loads of tee times available on the first day back. Free space on pretty much all tee times to join up and make a 4 ball

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yesssss!!!! Wasn’t quick enough last night and missed the first tee time of 2021. Went on this morning and it was free so I will be teeing it up at 7am Monday 29, nip around and home for in time for work. Made up ⛳