Monday 29th March

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
That's partly why I booked Tuesday 30th off instead. Figured I can wait and see what the scramble for tee times on the Monday is like before getting a Tuesday time. (y)

I admire the ability to hold out the extra day... I just cant... Im playing twice on opening day (once before our course officially opens at 7am - pro's letting me go at 6.30am :ROFLMAO:)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm not going to be in any great rush. Monday evening 27th when booking opens at 8pm I'll maybe see if I can get a Saturday time...then Tuesday 8pm I'll see what's available for the coming week. We can only book one round for the coming week on the 27th.

D

Deleted member 21258

Surprisingly tee times available at the two clubs so far open for bookings.

Hopefully will play that week, cant wait.

evemccc

Visit site
Are we all now going to be expert putters now that we’ve used our lockdowns doing nothing but honing out skills at scoring on the greens? ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are we all now going to be expert putters now that we’ve used our lockdowns doing nothing but honing out skills at scoring on the greens? ??
I certainly haven't done that. Not touched a club since January 5th when I cleaned them and put them away in the cupboard.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

as long as I can set a 330ml beer bottle down on the green and putt to that i'll be fine.

Its a great training excercise....put beer bottle down at 10ft...putt...if you hit the beer bottle take a swig of beer...repeat until beer bottle empty....open a new bottle and set it down at 9ft...repeat, when bottle is empty set one down at 8ft, repeat.....once you miss 5 2 footers in a row you know you've had enough beer!!!!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Popped round to see one of the green keeping staff earlier on to borrow summat. He mentioned that the course looks stunning. He said he has never seen the course look so good.

D

Deleted member 23344

Weeks ago I signed the Parliament petition to allow safely distanced golf. Today I received an email from Parliament to say that they will discuss the petition on 22 March, even though it has already been announced that golf can restart a week later on 29 March. That debate will be a complete waste of time.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Popped round to see one of the green keeping staff earlier on to borrow summat. He mentioned that the course looks stunning. He said he has never seen the course look so good.

Yeah, he'll be there in the club car park demonstrating against all golfers on March 29th. Ruining his golf course. LOL

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
as long as I can set a 330ml beer bottle down on the green and putt to that i'll be fine.

Its a great training excercise....put beer bottle down at 10ft...putt...if you hit the beer bottle take a swig of beer...repeat until beer bottle empty....open a new bottle and set it down at 9ft...repeat, when bottle is empty set one down at 8ft, repeat.....once you miss 5 2 footers in a row you know you've had enough beer!!!!

I've been practising using a D2 battery as the target. Can't miss it when I'm on carpet. But you wait until I'm on the greens again. :rolleyes:

Visit site
Weeks ago I signed the Parliament petition to allow safely distanced golf. Today I received an email from Parliament to say that they will discuss the petition on 22 March, even though it has already been announced that golf can restart a week later on 29 March. That debate will be a complete waste of time.

Came here to see if anyone else had noticed this. I’m 100% certain they did the same prior to reopening in December, after the last lockdown. Approx 3 days before re-opening they debated whether golf could re-open and whether golf is safe and should be allowed in future lockdowns.

They decided yes, golf courses can re-open and yes, golf is safe. Then 4 weeks later we went into lockdown again and they closed golf courses, as if that debate had never happened.

It’s deja vu