Monday 29th March

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure which was the cheaper ball, the Commando or the Power Pact, but both were budget.

Might play these later in the year.

View attachment 35823

The commando was the cheapest of the cheap. It is true one piece ball totally solid whereas those are covered golf balls.

I remember losing chunks Commandos out of them or totally them disintegrating.

Last edited:

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
The commando was the cheapest of the cheap. It is true one piece ball totally solid whereas those are covered golf balls.

I remember losing chunks Commandos out of them or totally disintegrating.
Not sure how I managed to find 5 Commandos in my golf ball bag, but the creme de la creme is this beauty
It's a Uniroyal Plus 6 - 1.62 and one of the first balls to adopt the hexagonal dimple pattern

Attachments

• PXL_20210326_155753566.jpg
    PXL_20210326_155753566.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 6
D

Deleted member 21258

I'm breaking out the shorts and black socks for the first games next week, just seen the weather its 15-18 degrees.:eek:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Went to check out my bag and clubs earlier, found a damp scorecard in the zipped pocket of my waterproof bag ? and furry mould over everything else in the pocket and all down the outside of the bag..... not best pleased. Not sure how it got wet inside, it was so long ago, but not what I paid for ?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's..........uh..........really clean. Like, brand new clean. I need to get the trolley out of the garage rafters.....

It is, well, bought the bag before Christmas and it never got a run out. The towel and shoes are new so all looking smart. All the clubs are at least 2 seasons old though.

Until my Titleist fitting is rearranged ?

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a walk over the course last night after work. In hindsight it’s going to make the weekend drag on even more but it was great to see all the lockdown improvements.

Attachments

• DECD887F-3DF7-4071-9717-6C556B6D5800.jpeg
    DECD887F-3DF7-4071-9717-6C556B6D5800.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 14

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I knew booking opened at our place today, but I thought it was only for Monday and they were going to do it one day at a time (so two days in advance). I only checked it out of curiosity at how quick it had filled up, and it's lucky I did because it turns out they opened the whole of next week at once! The good news is there were still plenty of times available in the late morning which is when I like to play - so I've booked a two ball on Tuesday and three ball next Saturday, both at 11:00. Well chuffed with that! ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Intelligent Golf last night

"We are receiving high volumes of demand for tee times booking ............ please try later"

All clubs with IG go via their system.

back, book, back, book and so for an age. I left to last minute and finally got on a 8.02

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do people find the intelligent golf app responsive or can you pre enter in a queue? The new clubs main site seems to also be linked to IG, just noticing tee times disappear at 7.31 at an amazing pace

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
All change....
Fragger has an early finish so we've swapped our back9 early to a full round from 4.12
Should just get round before dark but even if we only get to 15 or 16, both near the car park, it's still more than just the back 9.
That'll be 99 holes in 6 days then.....:oops:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How far from 29th March can we go to play golf in Englan. If an Open Comp is 60 miles away is it permissible to go? If not when Willie be acceptabl. Our Club has cancelled an Open Comp. on 1/5/21