Monday 29th March

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'd forgotten about The Grove. Plenty of times available there as it is "Pay & Play" (albeit pricier than the title usually suggests) :)

After the last lock down, The Grove was fully booked out, dawn to dusk, every day. Mobbed. Even at their rates.

Just tried to check, and their server is offline.

Last edited:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm playing everyday. As long as my body holds out. I actually thought I'd struggle to get in but apparently not. I've also just joined the seniors section do that I can get tee times on a Tuesday and Thursday vans finally meet up and play with different people. Really looking forward to it.

Boomy

Visit site
Tee booked for lunch time on the 29th, a 4-ball with friends ? Ruddy marvellous ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
we open for bookings on 26th March. Phone only.

I'll be working all week so wont be bothering, will spend a few evenings up the range getting rid of the rust We do have a comp on the Good Friday which, depending on how the range sessions have gone, I might see if I can get a tee time for.

To be honest... I'm in no hurry to get back and will let the initial surge die down a bit....though I might venture out in the evenings when its quieter.
Wow, that'll be a fun day for the pro shop then. :oops:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Absolute swarm for tee times this morning as 29th opened up!

You cant get a tee on day 1 now... its going to be a long week waking up early every morning to get my times locked in!

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Having just moved to Devon, my first job on the 29th is to set my new membership up. Will probably just play a few holes each evening to get back into form.

TeeRev

Visit site
I watched the BRS clock counting down this morning and hit the book button bang on 7.00 am as it opened, by the time I had finished booking my round for the 29th the morning was two thirds full, by 7.15 am the earliest available tee time was 2.37 pm and by 7.45 am the whole day of 72 tee times was booked up, amazing!

Early wake ups coming for me on Weds and Fri this week then.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
And a frustrating day for all the members desperately trying to get through!

sure it will be busy but not awfully so ...the first 4 days back are weekdays and a significant part of the membership are employed so will be at work and wont be trying to book a tee time.

The club will manage it so that anyone who wants to play during the next week will be able to play. Wasnt any issues the last time we came out of lockdown. Folks have just got to set their expectations accordingly.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched the BRS clock counting down this morning and hit the book button bang on 7.00 am as it opened, by the time I had finished booking my round for the 29th the morning was two thirds full, by 7.15 am the earliest available tee time was 2.37 pm and by 7.45 am the whole day of 72 tee times was booked up, amazing!

Early wake ups coming for me on Weds and Fri this week then.

That is quite good. Where I play on a normal Saturday I book in bang on time and when I log out and check about 1 minute later virtually every tee slot has been booked with just the odd slots available for one or two additional players.