Monday 29th March

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Weeks ago I signed the Parliament petition to allow safely distanced golf. Today I received an email from Parliament to say that they will discuss the petition on 22 March, even though it has already been announced that golf can restart a week later on 29 March. That debate will be a complete waste of time.
I think we all knew that signing that petition was a waste of time as well. :LOL:

D

Deleted member 23344

I think we all knew that signing that petition was a waste of time as well. :LOL:

You have to try though. I think the whole Parliamentary petition thing is a charade and something of a sop ... I would be interested to know if they have ever changed anything as a result of the process.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
You have to try though. I think the whole Parliamentary petition thing is a charade and something of a sop ... I would be interested to know if they have ever changed anything as a result of the process.

They allowed Angling to return in lockdown Jan-March after a successful push back!

rapper

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing in the seniors (semi) rollup. We have a block booking of tees between 8.20 and 9.10, senior captain then allocates players to each slot, to avoid too many players milling around.
how do you manage to get your club to allow you to pre book seniors?we have to go on line at the same time as every one and its fastest finger first...how can we compete with the young ones with iphone 13's?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Still no word from my current club on how and when to book tee times - anyone else in this stage of limbo?
I've already booked and been booked in to 5 games next month at my new club!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Still no word from my current club on how and when to book tee times - anyone else in this stage of limbo?
I've already booked and been booked in to 5 games next month at my new club!
You only have 3 days there so not really a problem.

However great news with 5 games already booked for April. You must be really pleased after all the problems you had last year.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
You only have 3 days there so not really a problem.

However great news with 5 games already booked for April. You must be really pleased after all the problems you had last year.

I can't wait! The course is 1.4 miles from my office and I usually finish work by 3.45pm - roll on the spring and summer. I've joined as 5-day initially but they are hopeful of an upgrade to 7-day during April when they've worked out all the comings and goings.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I'm not a member, but the course I am looking to play first has released zero details to anyone... Very odd as I've seen people chasing them on social media for answers, but it's just radio silence. I'm hoping that they will just open up booking 7 days in advance.

Boomy

Visit site
Club number 1 booking system: BRS, 7 days in advance with it opening up at 6:45pm (so opens up at 6:45pm on 22nd for the 29th)
Club number 2 booking system: BRS, 16 days in advance with with it opening up at 7am (so we’ve had a tee booked for the 29th since last weekend)

I was expecting it to be chaos at club number 2 with the booking that far in advance but it’s actually been ok, we have booked a tee for Good Friday only yesterday and there were plenty of tee times available - jolly good.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
how do you manage to get your club to allow you to pre book seniors?we have to go on line at the same time as every one and its fastest finger first...how can we compete with the young ones with iphone 13's?

I feel for you here! I secure my tees within a minute of them going live - pretty much the only way to do it at my place!

D

Deleted member 3432

Club number 1 booking system: BRS, 7 days in advance with it opening up at 6:45pm (so opens up at 6:45pm on 22nd for the 29th)
Club number 2 booking system: BRS, 16 days in advance with with it opening up at 7am (so we’ve had a tee booked for the 29th since last weekend)

I was expecting it to be chaos at club number 2 with the booking that far in advance but it’s actually been ok, we have booked a tee for Good Friday only yesterday and there were plenty of tee times available - jolly good.

Whats your club no2?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Tee bookings for Good Friday opened this morning at 7am.

There had been a drop off in bookings Tuesday-Thursday of re-opening week, obviously people have booked off the Monday for the first day back.

7.12am - Good Friday fully booked out. Savage :ROFLMAO: Im off at 11.34 though

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Booking actually opened on the 4th, but only decided today to pile in on the 29th. Late morning tee sorted ?
Expecting a 'take in the views' kind of day, not a swift one!

D

Deleted member 23344

Our bookings for the 29th went live at 7am this morning. I was online at 7am when booking started and clicked a time of 8am, but it said “sorry, someone has just booked that”. The same happened for 9am and 10am etc. Each tee time I clicked was grabbed by someone a millisecond before I clicked. In the end, after losing out several times, I got 2.52 ... the clocks go forward that weekend, so we might just get a round in. All the tee times were gone in under a minute!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Our bookings for the 29th went live at 7am this morning. I was online at 7am when booking started and clicked a time of 8am, but it said “sorry, someone has just booked that”. The same happened for 9am and 10am etc. Each tee time I clicked was grabbed by someone a millisecond before I clicked. In the end, after losing out several times, I got 2.52 ... the clocks go forward that weekend, so we might just get a round in. All the tee times were gone in under a minute!

Thats unfortunate, one of those situations where its probably best to go for some obscure time straight off the bat eg 7:46 or suchlike.

Ours go live at midnight Monday. Hoping there won't be too much of a fight for the 15.30ish time I'd like.