Moderators

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Morning guys

After a number of you suggested it, and because of the growing popularity of the forum, we have decided to nominate a number of moderators. If you would like to be considered for the position please send me a pm.

Thanks

Paul

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
Paul
Great move
I am not applying but as I moderate another forum I know that validating newbies, editing, moving posts etc can be quite a chore. For the benefit of the stream of applicants(!) is the job purely about 'monitoring' or is it full blown moderator?

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Sam

It will mainly involve monitoring - moderators will work with the GM staff and inform us of any unsuitable posts which they feel should be removed.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Paul

I don't know how the rest will feel but would it be possible to nominate those we think would be best (in a pm). They can then be asked (again by pm) if they would be willing to serve.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Used to moderate a lively forum. It get's quite hectic at times.
You have to be careful you don't get "power mad mods" who edit and delete posts on a whim and who wield and use the "Ban member" button just for posts that THEY don't agree with.

Yep, I'm up for it Paul!

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Think its a bit OTT to be honest. Perhaps a much more straightforward solution would be the addition of a 'Flag post' button which would highlight a post a member thinks is unsuitable. Then someone from GM could do a sweep of them once / twice a day.

Only my 2 cents :)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The thing is that GM are not always around to keep an eye on things whereas we are. I remember a particularly offensive post about an individual some months ago that stayed up for a whole weekend before it could be taken down. I see no problem in a few people being asked to keep the forum 'clean'.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having read some of the disgraceful posts that have appeared this evening, can anyone honestly say that moderators are not a good idea.

This has got beyond a joke now and what was a great friendly forum is going down hill.

GM need to step in and look at this quickly otherwise a number of the long term stalwarts, me included, will not be coming back.