Precision Golf or SGGT Iron fitting?

GolfingPastor

Visit site
After several years of buying and trying various clubs from eBay, I’ve decided to invest in getting properly fitted.

Precision Golf have an excellent reputation and although they are expensive, I haven’t heard any complaints (other than the expense).

SGGT England stock a huge amount of graphite shafts, which is almost certainly what I would like to go for due to on and off back issues.

Both are about 2.5hours away.
Any suggestions / advice would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

Albo

Visit site
Have been to SGGT up in Edinburgh many times and not been disappointed, fittings seem very very thorough, hitting from a bay down a range with titliest balls.
Never been to precision so can’t comment there.
Would recommend SGGT

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Precision are great and I've nothing but good things to say about them.
I've posted here plenty of times, so won't repeat all, but wedges and driver have changed my game, and the quality of fitting was superb.
I've not heard of SGGT, so can't comment on their service.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a fitting at Precision Golf. Expensive - yes. Value for money - yes IMO. I had a 'full bag fitting' so did the lot - which took all afternoon (about 3 1/2 hrs). Not allied to any particular brands so tried a wide range of different combinations of manufacturers, models, shafts (standard & non-standard) etc. Eventually picked a new set based on the technical numbers they gave me - which broadly corresponded with what felt best (or easiest) for me to use. And they are honest - they were quite up front in telling me what they could and couldn't do (eg number 'X' we can improve by swapping to shaft 'Y' but we can't improve number 'Z' - for that you'll need lessons/practice).

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Can’t compare as haven’t been to SGGT, but a big thumbs up from me for Precision Golf. I’ve now had driver, irons and putter all fitted there.

The facilities are great, have a watch of their fittings on their YouTube channel to get a feel for what they’re like.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been to SGGT Edinburgh 3 times now
Highly recommend

They fit irons using
4 iron, 6 iron, 8 iron, PW
Can see if Gapping still working and when to start/stop the set of irons
Instead of buying 4-pw, or even 5-pw, if no benefit in the longer clubs to you
Which I feel is big advantage to just being fitted with a demo 7 iron and buying a set from the results of that 1 club

I've no experience of precision, though I know they're highly rated and knowledgeable
Watched plenty of them on YouTube