Question about buying new clubs

evemccc

Visit site
I recently went to a fitting at the Titleist National Centre near St Ives (excellent btw, recommended ??)

I was told if I wanted to order the fitted clubs, to buy them through a pro

1) If you go to Gainsborough for Ping and also Titleist at St Ives, they do not sell directly, and you have to make the order only through club pros?

2) Do club Pros all have the same prices? I know some / many are attached to Foremost buying group. I never see advertised prices for clubs except at AG / Clubhouse golf / online.

3) Does it really matter where I order from? Primarily because of transport logistics, I get lessons from a different pro/club than my own (owing to where he teaches). I’ve already got the spec from a trusted Titleist fitter - and I’d be supporting golf pros by not buying online.

I like to know the costs of things in advance, so I can prioritise budgeting and what golf equipment is essential vs merely wanted.
Honestly I do find that when searching for prices the golf industry is quite secretive. Only the online retailers or AG actually list their prices

Edit: Also, I see some pro-shops are affiliated with, for example, Ping and Mizuno…do they therefore not have the ‘rights’ to stock and sell Titleist?

I find this industry to be not so straightforward with regards buying clubs!

Last edited:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
You have a prescription now for a set. You are basically shopping around for value and reliability. I would tend to favour my local pro even if their price is a little bit (but not massively) above the cheapest internet price. I don't expect them to be able to offer the same prices as they don't have the same volume. Some pro shops have accounts with a large range of manufacturers. They will carry stock for the most popular, but may only supply some less popular brands on order.

Choose your preferred provider, your own pro or the place you get lesons, and ask them for a quote, including delivery date.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You have a prescription now for a set. You are basically shopping around for value and reliability. I would tend to favour my local pro even if their price is a little bit (but not massively) above the cheapest internet price. I don't expect them to be able to offer the same prices as they don't have the same volume. Some pro shops have accounts with a large range of manufacturers. They will carry stock for the most popular, but may only supply some less popular brands on order.

Choose your preferred provider, your own pro or the place you get lesons, and ask them for a quote, including delivery date.
The bit in bold may be more important at the current time than cost. Delivery times are very slow at the moment so may be worth paying more if someone has actual stock in of what you want. Just make sure they physically have it and aren't making false promises.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My club pro will price match to clubhousegolf.co.uk

Personally I like to support my pro and will buy 95% of my gear from them. But honestly provided the supplier can give you, your specs than you are the master of where the clubs come from.