New Moderators Join the Fight Against Spam

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Visit site
Hey folks,

Now that the forum upgrade and migration have been completed and things are running smoothly, we're growing the ranks of our Golf Monthly volunteer moderators. @BrianM @Billysboots , and @Hobbit have been members of the community going back a decade, or more, and have agreed to help out in the perpetual fight against spam.

Please join me in welcoming them to the ranks of our Moderators! My personal thanks to all of you for being members of this community. The forum wouldn't be much fun without you.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Being an hour ahead of most of the forum members, and an old coffin dodger, I’m usually awake before 5am U.K. time. Yesterday I saw 3 Spam posts, and I dare say I didn’t see all of them. I’ve reported a number of them since we came out here and I, usually, see them quite early.

But don’t worry guys, I kept the one from yesterday that listed the best massage parlours to visit. Seriously, a lot of the stuff you don’t even get to see.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Most of what we do is to keep the forum tidy and free of outside rubbish.

In percentage terms only a very small amount of time is spent dealing with Forum Miscreants 👍

I miss the good all days when we could spend whole weekends trying to deal with big forum fracas.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Being an hour ahead of most of the forum members, and an old coffin dodger, I’m usually awake before 5am U.K. time. Yesterday I saw 3 Spam posts, and I dare say I didn’t see all of them. I’ve reported a number of them since we came out here and I, usually, see them quite early.

But don’t worry guys, I kept the one from yesterday that listed the best massage parlours to visit. Seriously, a lot of the stuff you don’t even get to see.
The link didn't wor.......no i didn't see it either:censored:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Getting the ban stick out and beating out more hits than Jive Bunny's album, thems were the days. :)

I am sur there was one weekend where it kicked off on a Friday night and we were still clearing it up and handing out bans on Sunday evening. When it kicked off then it proper kicked off.