Mobile phone renewal -Help please!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not the smartest tool in the box with mobile phones and they are due for renewal.

We have 2 phones hothnwith Three. 4GB monthly, unlimited calls in The UK. And free use when abroad. We only need Europe, mainly Spain. The phones are our own.

Prefer a 12 or preferably 24 month contract.

We do not have a land line for outgoing calls just incoming. Had a look on MSE and some of the deals seem cheaper than what we are paying although I could have missed something.

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated. Currently paying around £9 per month which is inflation linked. No allegiance to Three but needs to be simple if we need to change.

Any help would be appreciated

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is there no form of renewal?

I cant see you getting much better pricing than that!!

You would be surprised , through you switch I moved my wife to lebera

Unlimited UK calls and texts , 100 international mins , roaming in Europe , think it's 6gb a month data? I'd have to check

£7.

Discount for 3 months at £3

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always a risk though as they have no obligation to keep the prices so they can put them up. As long as you keep checking though, I'm sure it's fine.
It's checked monthly when I enter it in expenses:)
It isn't my main number, just a second number I pay to keep as historically it was attached to me.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My contract expires next month, if I didn't have to be on some kind of O2 network (due to no signal in the bunker but the work phones are O2 so our phones work, means we are reachable) then I'd switch to lebera in a heartbeat

Misses phone got switched last month no issues

Remember to turn off messages (either iMessage or Google message) before the switch just so the number doesn't get locked to it. Not an issue does fix in a few weeks just means my wife was texting me off another number but replies went to old number etc .. was just a matrix glitch thats avoidable with a simple switch off before giving them your pac code

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just made the switch to 1p mobile. (EE network)
Absolutely no hassle with my existing number ported on the day requested .
No contract cancel any time.
They offer no roaming charges and a wide variety of cheap deals.
I am a very low user of everything (do most of my stuff on wifi) so opted for a PAYG sim £10 for 120 days (1p texts 1p a minute and 1p per mb data).

From my mate and others on here Lebara also seems a good choice.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
The changes at 1pmobile are interesting. You pay them £10 every 4 months and, if you are a very light user like me (google maps on car journey, eg golf app if not close to the clubhouse for wifi, duolingo if not at home, rarely ring anyone), the balance builds up. I have £22 balance but, instead of paying another £10 and getting a balance of £33 which I won't use, I can sacrifice £10 of the credit and go down to a £12 balance. I did that last time but I seem to remember that didn't actually reduce my balance!

EU roaming is the same cost as UK. Horrendously expensive to roam in South Africa but incoming SMS's (banking needs) are free. Strangely, if you have the answerphone enabled, you get charged an overseas rate even if you don't listen to it. It can be disabled on their website. I asked them if they could switch off calls and just leave SMS on but they said they couldn't do it. So if I get a call whilst abroad, I don't answer and ring back using VOIP if it's someone I know.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Got the boy a Lebara SIM and gave him one of my old phones. It was just so he could keep in touch with us while abroad with his aunt (and we can track him with Life 360). 3gb and unlimited texts/minutes. 99p per month for 6 months the think it's £4 thereafter. Works out at £2.60 a month or thereabouts.

The Europe roaming feature worked well, once they'd worked out how to set the phone up properly 🤣.