Broadband due for renewal- Options please

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Currently with Plusnet- Pay line rental annually upfront about £197. Dow load is 38 and upload 8. Not the super fast but not really needed as a light user. Renewal is not due until mid October.

Pay an additional £16 as we phone abroad often but will now use Skype which will save around £9 per month. Present provider on renewal has upped the £16 to £23.

What are the best options please? Will be out until 8 p.m tonight so unable to answer any questions.

Many thanks for your help

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm with Plusnet, I recently logged into my account and found I was able to upgrade to faster broadband and actually pay less per month than I was paying! Have to checked to see if they have any better deals they've not told you about?

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Defo the above, and bear in mind that they are owned by BT, so switching to BT probably won't resolve any speed issues. Speed issues are probably down to contention ratio's, so you need to find a low use provider in your area to get the best performance.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm with EE and can't fault them, been with them for years, always moved my account when moved home, I have the 'Fibre plus' which costs me £28.00 all in. I'm streaming with no buffering, I can be on my phone, tablet and PC all at the same time and no issues at all.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Was with BT for years, as with all things BT it was creeping up and up. Changed to EE who said there internet speed is as good as BTs. It's not, unless I go for the super duper pooper scooper package.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks for the majority of helpful replies

Seen Shell energy, previously First Utility . £28 for 18 months contract including free UK calls and line rental. Seems OK with super fast broadband