Mizuno Pairs days

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was just taking a look at all the listings of Summer pairs opens. There’s some cracking deals at top courses. I usually try and tick off a few Top 100 courses each year this way.

But my eyes keep watering every time I see a Mizuno Golf Pairs event, because the costs are often up to double the price of a standard green fee (whereas at club opens, the prices are often significantly lower than the usual green fee).

Breakfast and a post match meal is often included at both, so that doesnt explain the price difference. Has anyone played a Mizuno Pairs event and can they say why the cost is so expensive compared to other pairs opens ? For what you get, is it worth the high fees ?

Zig

Visit site
Have you got a website you use to find the comps? I had a look a while back and things like the Sean Coyle tours and the Kingsbarn twos etc etc were all full! Have you found comps with gaps cos of covid?

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have you got a website you use to find the comps? I had a look a while back and things like the Sean Coyle tours and the Kingsbarn twos etc etc were all full! Have you found comps with gaps cos of covid?
I always use the Golf Empire website.

Reactions: Zig

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was just taking a look at all the listings of Summer pairs opens. There’s some cracking deals at top courses. I usually try and tick off a few Top 100 courses each year this way.

But my eyes keep watering every time I see a Mizuno Golf Pairs event, because the costs are often up to double the price of a standard green fee (whereas at club opens, the prices are often significantly lower than the usual green fee).

Breakfast and a post match meal is often included at both, so that doesnt explain the price difference. Has anyone played a Mizuno Pairs event and can they say why the cost is so expensive compared to other pairs opens ? For what you get, is it worth the high fees ?

Was supposed to be @ Silloth at the end of the month, but its been cancelled. Have done a few non-mizuno events and found that they tend to attract more golf-enthusiasts than the groups from clubs at opens if that makes sense. All have had good atmosphere's and been very well run - they feel a little more like a tournament.

The Mizuno pairs has a list of what's included for your money, things like goodie bags, live scoring and so-on. I don't think their costs are double a standard green fee though??

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I said they are sometimes UP TO double. £200 for a pair at Woodhall Spa in July is a lot more than the standard green fees. I just wondered whether the goodies were vfm or not.
Hotchkin summer cost is nearly £100 per player, don’t know if they have deals on but the standard cost isn’t much cheaper than 200

D

Deleted member 15344

Woodhalls summer green fee is £99pp

Mizuno are asking for £99pp

Which is about twice the price of the Woodhall Pairs Open

The Mizuno Pairs comps always seem to be priced at the standard guest green fee , but on some of the courses you can get some very good opens at half the price. Frilford Heath is another - £95 a pair as opposed to £99 each.

Also I’m not sure if their prices have changed

Golf Empire has Woodhall at £320 a pair and Lytham at £520 a pair

Walton Heath - £500 , West Hill £340

https://www.golfempire.co.uk/new/entryform.php?eventid=11551

Last edited by a moderator:

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which is about twice the price of the Woodhall Pairs Open

The Mizuno Pairs comps always seem to be priced at the standard guest green fee , but on some of the courses you can get some very good opens at half the price. Frilford Heath is another - £95 a pair as opposed to £99 each.

Also I’m not sure if their prices have changed

Golf Empire has Woodhall at £320 a pair and Lytham at £520 a pair

Walton Heath - £500 , West Hill £340

I know that Phil.

But its not double the standard green fee, which is what the OP stated (twice).

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I’ve not played in one of the mizuno days, But it does sound like it gives you the feel of a big competition, which I’m never really going to play in on ability alone! So think the experience might be worth it

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All the listings in Golf Empire would have been submitted in December.

Do not forget to check with the club to see if they are still being run.

I know of several clubs, including ours , where they have cancelled all Opens for 2020.

RE Mizuno one of may mates plays in one regularly and I believe there are a number of goodies included when you arrive but do not quote me on it.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry guys, and apologies to the Mizuno tour.

The Golf Empire website pricing seems to be incorrect for a lot of the Mizuno Pairs events. These are the advertised prices I saw.

https://www.golfempire.co.uk/new/entryform.php?eventid=11075

But I can see now that they don’t appear to be correct. Am happy to eat humble pie. I havent seen Golf Empire get prices incorrect before is my only excuse. ?
LOL. That's not very helpful.

No wonder you were shocked!

Hackers76

Visit site
Entered the Mizuno Pairs knockout this summer and we are now into the final round. Prize for getting through the four rounds is free entry to a 2021 summer event. They have emailed all left in to recommend booking our preferred event now to avoid missing out and win or lose the final round we can get our deposit back. All makes sense but the events vary wildly in cost so I emailed them to ensure all listed events were available as a prize, the reply from Golfpairs was that they are organising this on behalf of Mizuno and we should contact Mizuno to clarify as they didn’t know, but could offer no way of contacting the right department!
Has anyone here taken part in the knockout comp before And can you offer any guidance?