Mizuno JPX-S Balls

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Found one of these on the course yesterday. Had to look twice at it as in addition to the normal dimples, it had lots of pin size holes in it. It looked like it had been in a dogs mouth.
The other strange thing was there didn't seem to be any format to the pin holes.
Anyone had any experience of this ball or other Mizuno's, as I've never used one before ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I found a couple this year. I thought the ball was damaged first off but then realised it was the design. I really liked the ball. It felt nice, lasted really well. I'd be happy to find some more 😁

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
found a few, tried it a couple of times, felt like a rock of putter and wedge.

released them back to the wild where they came from

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've played the JPX, they have the same micro dimples, according to the Mizuno blurb, the mirco dimples stall the ball decent as it loses power and thus gives a few extra yards off the tee. Now whether or not that is true I've no idea, I liked the ball, felt good off the club face and would get a distance in comparison to other balls I'd used.

I've just ordered another box for H4H week as I do like them and they were only £17.99 a box

Just read the other posts saying the JPX was a hard ball, not from my experience, it's a soft ball with low compression.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I wasn't blown away by these balls when I've found them on the course, although they are appearing in the long grass more often so I'd suggest a few people are trying them now. It was around the green and off the putter I disliked them. Just seemed unresponsive on chips and kept running and even on high pitch shots which seemed to want an extra 2-3 yards to stop. I think at the price they have a place and I'm sure if Mizuno decide to stay in the European ball market they'll refine the design and characteristics going forward

D

Deleted Member 1156

I wasn't blown away by these balls when I've found them on the course, although they are appearing in the long grass more often so I'd suggest a few people are trying them now. It was around the green and off the putter I disliked them. Just seemed unresponsive on chips and kept running and even on high pitch shots which seemed to want an extra 2-3 yards to stop. I think at the price they have a place and I'm sure if Mizuno decide to stay in the European ball market they'll refine the design and characteristics going forward
I'm not surprised you weren't blown away by these balls, they are Mizuno's entry level ball. They have a premium offering in the MP-S range.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm not surprised you weren't blown away by these balls, they are Mizuno's entry level ball. They have a premium offering in the MP-S range.
And have tried them. I have tried other entry level balls (Vice Drive, AD333) which I'd say performed far better. The MP-S I didn't rate as a premium ball again even against lesser makes than just a Pro V or TP5.