Mizuno Golf Pairs

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Have looked at it before, but looks to be a right rip off.. Trump Aberdeen and Montrose for instance.

Montrose £37.50, Trump £155 for a Scottish resident on this its £599, whats the other £400 for no mention of accommodation and a free GG rain suit?

D

Deleted member 17920

Have looked at it before, but looks to be a right rip off.. Trump Aberdeen and Montrose for instance.

Montrose £37.50, Trump £155 for a Scottish resident on this its £599, whats the other £400 for no mention of accommodation and a free GG rain suit?

Disagree on the rip off comment.

yes some are pricey compared to others.

They had an event at our place last year and compared to the normal green fee it was more expensive but it had easily sold out as the year had 240 playing in it.

Had as a very good tournament feel to it as well.

Some events are are very good value for money.

Royal Lytham at £150 each compared the normal fee is good.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Disagree on the rip off comment.

yes some are pricey compared to others.

They had an event at our place last year and compared to the normal green fee it was more expensive but it had easily sold out as the year had 240 playing in it.

Had as a very good tournament feel to it as well.

Some events are are very good value for money.

Royal Lytham at £150 each compared the normal fee is good.

So you don't think Trump Aberdeen and Motrose is a rip off at £599 then?

admittedly most of the others are less expensive esp if its per pair, but how much is it for an Open at Woodhall?

D

Deleted member 15344

£240 for gleneagles pga. full web page price is £145.

ripp off

The price is per pair so the £240 is per pair so that makes it cheaper than the full price

All the events from what I recall are very well priced

Even the Scotland one is £600 per pair so that’s £300 each for three rounds

The Wales one is superb value same for the East Anglia

Woodhall at £90 each is great value

Only one is poor value - the Brabazon

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17920

So you don't think Trump Aberdeen and Motrose is a rip off at £599 then?

admittedly most of the others are less expensive esp if its per pair, but how much is it for an Open at Woodhall?
You forget to mention Panmure in that.

trump for non residents is £240 plus isn’t it so yes if you are a local you get a better price. Just like we did when we had the forum meet there.

£60 to play Montrose and Panmure.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The price is per pair so the £240 is per pair so that makes it cheaper than the full price

All the events from what I recall are very well priced

Even the Scotland one is £600 per pair so that’s £300 each for three rounds

The Wales one is superb value same for the East Anglia

Woodhall at £90 each is great value

Only one is poor value - the Brabazon

I noticed earlier that you don’t like the belfry which is your right. But how is it not value (based on normal price). It’s still cheaper than laying to of their green fees is it not?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
You forget to mention Panmure in that.

trump for non residents is £240 plus isn’t it so yes if you are a local you get a better price. Just like we did when we had the forum meet there.

£60 to play Montrose and Panmure.

my apologies i missed Panmure, but still only £30 for that if i wanted to play and now we have a deal with Trump for £90 so even cheaper for me for instance . still wouldn't be rushing to stump;) up the £600

D

Deleted member 15344

I noticed earlier that you don’t like the belfry which is your right. But how is it not value (based on normal price). It’s still cheaper than laying to of their green fees is it not?
Paying £25 plus more for Belfry over Woodhall for me is poor value - Woodhall is ten times the course that the Brabazon is and for me £50 is just about right for the Brabazon - it’s a dull course with one decent hole. But I’m not a fan of the Stadium Parkland courses they use for RC anyway as well as ET events - Celtic Manor , Grove , Woburn Marquess etc - more about the manicure grass than the character of a golf course - and those courses have no character about them at all ( also poor drainage as well i have noticed )

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Paying £25 plus more for Belfry over Woodhall for me is poor value - Woodhall is ten times the course that the Brabazon is and for me £50 is just about right for the Brabazon - it’s a dull course with one decent hole. But I’m not a fan of the Stadium Parkland courses they use for RC anyway as well as ET events - Celtic Manor , Grove , Woburn Marquess etc - more about the manicure grass than the character of a golf course - and those courses have no character about them at all ( also poor drainage as well i have noticed )

I’m not arguing which curse is better or worse. I simply meant in regards to value. You may feel that the Brabazon is overpriced, but as far as the deals go for mizuno, the Belfry is still available at good relative value.

I thought the 2010was brilliant tbh, and more challenging than RSG or The old course at Sunningdale although that could just be that I played better on those two days.

I also haven’t played too ,any top courses yet so the Belfry still sits highly with me.

D

Deleted member 17920

my apologies i missed Panmure, but still only £30 for that if i wanted to play and now we have a deal with Trump for £90 so even cheaper for me for instance . still wouldn't be rushing to stump;) up the £600
I know that for the locals it’s not the best deal.

i even recall you getting on for free with a courtesy, nothing can beat that can it.

For some events I think they are good deal, no idea what is in the goodie bag etc but I did note at the Woodhall event it was a decent prize table.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I do like the look of a few of these options as stated in the OP and I do think that there is value in the North East Tour one at £300 per head. Based on a summer fee of £265 at Trump you are getting Panmure and Montrose for £17.50 each. I don't live in Scotland so don't get the deal I daresay that you will probably get a goodie bag for playing too. For the average person who doesn't get a break on these courses (And they are some top venues) this is a decent deal. It may be a rip off for some but not for me.

I agree that I wouldn't pay the money for the Belfry as I don't think it is all that (although the greens were absolutely sublime) but to get n in high summer at Lytham for £150 instead of £195 and the course is booked out just for you and the event seems a good deal.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I know that for the locals it’s not the best deal.

i even recall you getting on for free with a courtesy, nothing can beat that can it.

For some events I think they are good deal, no idea what is in the goodie bag etc but I did note at the Woodhall event it was a decent prize table.

I still have a courtesy for a 4 ball at Panmure too;) Trump Though I'm not a fan of the man its a fantastic course and a freebee was nice don't mind paying £90 there for a couple of games this year

How much is it to play Woodhall in an open? Trump still has an open i think which was about £50?, not as good value as it was, when they first did it there was a practice round as well.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m not arguing which curse is better or worse. I simply meant in regards to value. You may feel that the Brabazon is overpriced, but as far as the deals go for mizuno, the Belfry is still available at good relative value.

I thought the 2010was brilliant tbh, and more challenging than RSG or The old course at Sunningdale although that could just be that I played better on those two days.

I also haven’t played too ,any top courses yet so the Belfry still sits highly with me.
I might do the trevose or princes one. @£140 per pair.

Re the above respectfully ;) but I think you must be smoking crack if you think that the 2010 is more of a challenge/better value/better conditioned (delete as applicable) than RSG etc, the 2010 is bang average in every way, indicated by the fact it’s nowhere to be seen in any of the top 100’s anymore. It’s not even the best course at Celtic manor IMO

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I might do the trevose or princes one. @£140 per pair.

Re the above respectfully ;) but I think you must be smoking crack if you think that the 2010 is more of a challenge/better value/better conditioned (delete as applicable) than RSG etc, the 2010 is bang average in every way, indicated by the fact it’s nowhere to be seen in any of the top 100’s anymore. It’s not even the best course at Celtic manor IMO

I did somewhat counter it by saying I played better at RSG. Hence thinking it was easier...... Also the experience at Celtic Manor was probably the best I’ve experienced in regards the staff. RSG was a quality day, but for me just a little too old school/less modern.

I fully accept that RSG and Sunningdale are held in higher esteem, both were joys to play and I’ll happily play them again (and again) if the opportunity arises.

All that being said, when we went the 2010 was in great nick and I much prefer water hazards which will always be in play, than penal rough which can be somewhat irrelevant if you’re having a good day off the tee.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site

in other words you got spanked by the course and couldn't play to your cat 1 handicap that you mention at every possible opportunity. the brab might dull iyo but it generates a damn sight more revenue than Woodhall. Which is a fantastic course btw but never a top ten

D

Deleted member 17920

I still have a courtesy for a 4 ball at Panmure too;) Trump Though I'm not a fan of the man its a fantastic course and a freebee was nice don't mind paying £90 there for a couple of games this year

How much is it to play Woodhall in an open? Trump still has an open i think which was about £50?, not as good value as it was, when they first did it there was a practice round as well.

Trump have an open on and it’s £100 per person, no practice round included.

The ones i run run at Woodhall are roughly £45-£50 per person depending if it’s pairs or team.

The winter ones are cheaper.

The Mizuno one is more expensive but I don’t give away goodie bags or a new set of irons as 1st prize ;)