Mixed tee competitions

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought the WHS produced the equivalent of CSS from each tee each day - or it makes a mockery of women’s tees with different pars to men. Or does the playing handicap,adjustment take that into account?
Apologies if terminology not WHS compliant - but it’ll take me a while to remember it all
The PCC in effect, compares the Score Differential from all rounds against the mathematically calculated expected Score Differential of those players. ie the difference between what they scored (adjusted for Slope) vs CR and what they would have been expected to score.
The Course Rating and Slope are different for men and women and therefore are included in the calculation.

Last edited:

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
The second bullet point of Rule 5.6 Playing Conditions Calculation, the PCC

considers acceptable scores submitted on a golf course on a specific day ......

So yes, it's from all tees but as Rulefan says, account will be taken of the differences.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought the WHS produced the equivalent of CSS from each tee each day - or it makes a mockery of women’s tees with different pars to men. Or does the playing handicap,adjustment take that into account?
Apologies if terminology not WHS compliant - but it’ll take me a while to remember it all

Not sure about the terminology aspects but basically yes!

The conceptual bit is that it will compare the expected scores for every player from each tee played and arrive at a single adjustment for course conditions on that day - which will then get applied back to the individual calculations for each player and their score from their tees.

Edit: my stupid computer didn't show the above responses when I typed it! Anyway, I will leave it as we are all saying the same thing.

TerryA

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All our stableford competitions, at least one per week, are mixed, ie. ladies off reds and men off Yellows. There is then a separate CSS calculated for each tee but it is a single competition.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
All our stableford competitions, at least one per week, are mixed, ie. ladies off reds and men off Yellows. There is then a separate CSS calculated for each tee but it is a single competition.
See post #12.
CONGU do that for a reason. How many men and how many women are in the field?