Mixed Matchplay question

D

Deleted member 15344

How do we work out the shots I get? HID is currently off 22 and I'm off 36. Haven't got a clue. Thanks

Is it fourball or foursome ?

Normally it's either 1/2 or 3/8 combined handicap if foursomes

D

Deleted member 15344

It's not that straight forward with potential different SSS in relation to par.

Someone who knows exactly will Be along soon!

Will depend on which card they play and the difference between the ladies and men's SSS

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
There is a definite formula

Appendix O (p79) of this http://www.englandgolf.org/e-brochure/index.html

It's actually quite simple, but important to agree before starting! Subtract Mens SSS from Ladies SSS and that value is Added to Ladies Handicap - before any 3/4 etc is calculated.

Slightly more complicated when there's a Mixed Stableford comp! Especially if the Pars differ as well!

Edit: For Mixed Fourball/Foursomes, check the Congu Website.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Thanks all. Just me against him so off for a read.

In that case, Add (Ladies SSS - Men's SSS) to your Handicap as Equity Shots.

Comp should say which card to use for Mixed matches - Probably Mens. That may throw up aberrations, where you get shots on 'easy for you' holes and don't get shots on 'hard for you' ones, but should 'balance out' over the entire course.

Last edited:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not an official comp, just a friendly or not;) SSS difference is only 1 shot so would I get 15 shots on SI 1 to 15 using the mens SI. Want to make sure I'm not diddled by him.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If it's only a friendly, then I use the 'Mixed Stableford Comp' system (also documented in that ref I supplied) that I believe is fairer, but also needs an adjustment for Par!

That way, you play off your own cards, and the Stroke Indexes are more likely to be meaningful as to where you should actually get Strokes - but no more or less fair overall. Highest Stableford score wins the Hole.