Mickleson's wedge shot at 18.

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
Wow.......

All I can say really. Phil Mickleson just hit one of the shots of the season to win the Colonial by one. If you didn't see it I'm sure it will be on youtube or pgatour.com shortly.

B

birdieman

Gutsy shot, I'd have been pinballing the trees! Oh and I can't hit a wedge 140 either unless I put a smiley across the ball!

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
That was shot of the season, even Tiger Woods wouldve struggled to conjour a birdie from that jungle. Faldo was going 'Oooh, you think he can hit a big cut like that?! And get near the green?! WOW!'

And so Mickelson completely went the opposite and hits a hard draw, out and over, through a minefield, pitches an inch over the bunker and rolls up to 8 feet. And that putt was never missing. Best finish to a tournament I've seen since Carnoustie, just a miracle golf shot - I was on my feet applauding in my dressing gown.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
A cracker indeed. How many pros would have pitched out, relied on their approach to go near to get their par and hope for a play-off. Phil showed a lot of guts, although if he had done a US Open finish again then we'd all be slagging him off for poor course management.