Membership cost increase

Therod2

Banned
Visit site
The 17th at Camberley is definitely a decent hole. Not a fan of the 16th if you don't know the pond is there as a few on the H4H day didn't and it forces you to take a silly club to lay up
Wasn’t the pond put in by the Japanese in the 80’s so they could stock coy carp? Seems out of character.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Isn’t there often negative feedback around hindhead having a great 9 and an average 9? One thing you can say with Blackmoor is the layout is pretty consistent in character.
Yes this is often said about Hindhead however there is absolutely nothing wrong with the back nine and in some respect, It’s actually more difficult and challenging. Problem is, the front nine is so breathtakingly beautiful it makes the back 9 appear weaker than it is.

I think if you played the back nine first, people would appreciate it more.

sunshine

Visit site
Atmosphere? In the clubhouse you mean?

That's like judging a restaurant by the availability of parking!🤣🤣

But let's be clear, the quality of car park is an important component when judging a golf course. Certainly a crazyface assessment :LOL:

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Spare a thought for the poor sods who have a wife that plays as well. I'm looking around for a new club and everywhere is around £2k for both of us.
Actually looking at country membership, bit of a jaunt but brings the cost down to about £900 a year.

evemccc

Visit site
Yes this is often said about Hindhead however there is absolutely nothing wrong with the back nine and in some respect, It’s actually more difficult and challenging. Problem is, the front nine is so breathtakingly beautiful it makes the back 9 appear weaker than it is.

I think if you played the back nine first, people would appreciate it more.

Loved my (rainy) day at Hindhead - everything seemed good about the Club & course — I played the back 9 first, and it’s got many very nice holes IMO

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But let's be clear, the quality of car park is an important component when judging a golf course. Certainly a crazyface assessment :LOL:
It is important.
At my club on comp day you can’t get a space. It’s quite a small one.
We have to park on the road and walk to the course.🚗🚗😂

First world problem 😉