Membership cost increase

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Surely the current membership of a club would effect the %%% increase or nett ££££ required.
Yes, but if it’s £35 for a 1000 member club, and £35 for a 500 member club, it’s still just £35. Now what % of the current subs that is obviously depends upon the current subs, but it’s still £35.

D

Deleted member 15344

Females get a discount? Why's that?

I’m guessing the same reason many clubs offered discounts for under 30’s - target demographics where numbers are low for a club

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I can understand students or other young adults getting a slight discount for the good of the game.
But under 30 or all females is not right.
At my last club they did this. A guy approaching 30 got a discount. He was a lawyer, probably earning twice what most of the other members were.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m guessing the same reason many clubs offered discounts for under 30’s - target demographics where numbers are low for a club
Yes it is.
But most of the under 30s don’t have houses or kids. They can’t afford them.
It’s mostly 30/40 yr olds that are in the skint category but they pay the JF.
Once you start discounting things where do you stop.

D

Deleted member 15344

I can understand students or other young adults getting a slight discount for the good of the game.
But under 30 or all females is not right.
At my last club they did this. A guy approaching 30 got a discount. He was a lawyer, probably earning twice what most of the other members were.

It’s not always about how much money someone earns

We applied discounts for 18-30 - before we had one member in that category, after it went to 37 and 8 years later it’s even more and all stayed at the club

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Even the membership for one of the nomadic clubs I'm in has just announced a 24% increase in the annual subs

Not great news but it is what it is

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not something I was aware of.

The majority of golf courses round here are resort/privately owned, if you have the wherewithal you can buy a membership to an individual course but its not cheap so most of the countries golf clubs that offer memberships don't own their own course and instead these nomadic clubs play at various courses year round

(makes it a bit of a challenge keeping a stable handicap when the course, layout, wind, soil & even type of grass on greens/fairways and rough, change from comp to comp!)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Even the membership for one of the nomadic clubs I'm in has just announced a 24% increase in the annual subs

Not great news but it is what it is
True…but if the subs were £100 a year then 24% for most folks would hardly be a showstopper. Now 24% at my place would torpedo me - fortunately when it comes to it in a few months times I’m rather hoping we’ll be low single figures ?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
True…but if the subs were £100 a year then 24% for most folks would hardly be a showstopper. Now 24% at my place would torpedo me - fortunately when it comes to it in a few months times I’m rather hoping we’ll be low single figures ?

Surely that would depend on how many of my club memberships increase by similar amount and what I have to spend on top of the membership fee in order to play in a comp?

(lots of ways to look at it)

Teebs

Visit site
Subs for 23/24 round the York area

Forest of Galtres - £850
Strensall (York) - £1,161 & £581 joining fee
Forest Park - £885
Fulford will be close to £1,500 I guess