Medal Hole Maximums

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I assumed the player was referring to “for handicap/playing record“ purposes, as he’d surely know he was out of the comp.

Saving one shot could be a big difference to a one handicapper.

Not likely in either case as this would probably not be one of his 8.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I assumed the player was referring to “for handicap/playing record“ purposes, as he’d surely know he was out of the comp.

Saving one shot could be a big difference to a one handicapper.
Yes he knew that one shot excludes him from certain comps that ballot out in the future.
But not likely to count anyway.

wjemather

Visit site
As I see it on his handicap record it shows 72 gross not 74 that is a difference to him.
His decision to pick up made no difference at all to his handicap record. It would show exactly the same (adj. gross 72) if he had recorded an 8, a 12 or an 18 on that hole, since net double-bogey adjustments apply.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The plot thickens.....

"Thanks for your email and I will consider your suggestion of a rules clarification email.
However, your playing partners are correct in that there is a local rule, in line with CONGU guidance, which allows a maximum score on a hole of PAR +5. The score entry forced this before WHS software changes and will again be incorporated into the software in the future."

This was from our H/C sec in response to my e mail questioning what had happened as outlines in my initial post.

Can this be right? Jesus Christ !!!!!!!!!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The plot thickens.....

"Thanks for your email and I will consider your suggestion of a rules clarification email.
However, your playing partners are correct in that there is a local rule, in line with CONGU guidance, which allows a maximum score on a hole of PAR +5. The score entry forced this before WHS software changes and will again be incorporated into the software in the future."

This was from our H/C sec in response to my e mail questioning what had happened as outlines in my initial post.

Can this be right? Jesus Christ !!!!!!!!!
+5 would be a result for some on a bad hole!

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Come on rules people. Where are you? I'm completely lost now! What the hell is going on?

I, for one, am watching the Memorial. Just took a quick look in the forum during some ads. It sounds like a Maximum Score competition but that's a recognised format in the Rules, nothing to do with CONGU and not a matter of a local rule. See Rule 21.2.

The score entry forced this before WHS software changes and will again be incorporated into the software in the future.
Haven't a clue what that means.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Come on rules people. Where are you? I'm completely lost now! What the hell is going on?

Maximum Score is a competition scoring format that caps the number of strokes a player may take on any hole. It can be set at anything the committee decides but most commonly quoted is Par plus 5 strokes....obviously it would not be set at a level that allowed the cap to occur before a player had used his handicap strokes on any hole.

wjemather

Visit site
The score entry forced this before WHS software changes and will again be incorporated into the software in the future.
Haven't a clue what that means.
Some software providers removed the Maximum Score functionality on transitioning to WHS. As such, it has required setting up a medal and then manually manipulating scores when recording and entering them.

However, just last week "maximum score per hole" was restored to ClubV1 as a configuration option on the medal competition template. When selected, any entered hole score above the specified maximum is then automatically reduced.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maximum Score is a competition scoring format that caps the number of strokes a player may take on any hole. It can be set at anything the committee decides but most commonly quoted is Par plus 5 strokes....obviously it would not be set at a level that allowed the cap to occur before a player had used his handicap strokes on any hole.

CONGU® directs that Competitions capped at less than par +5 per hole will not be eligible for handicap alterations, and will be deemed as ‘non-qualifying’ for handicap.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some software providers removed the Maximum Score functionality on transitioning to WHS. As such, it has required setting up a medal and then manually manipulating scores when recording and entering them.

However, just last week "maximum score per hole" was restored to ClubV1 as a configuration option on the medal competition template. When selected, any entered hole score above the specified maximum is then automatically reduced.

Using Handicapmaster, we have been running Maximum Score competitions with no issue both before and after the introduction of WHS.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Soooo. Maximum Score competition but nobody told Mr Crazyface? Or Mr Crazyface doesn't read the info he's given? Come on Mr C. Point the finger or fess up. :)