Max. Swing Speed

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I think this is a question for the experts, or it may be a general query (if so please move!) but in the profile of a golf swing at what point should your maximum swing speed occur, relative to the ball?

I think for maximum distance, it should ideally happen at impact;However, as you are meant to accelerate into the ball (or through the ball), in theory the maximum swing speed should be after impact (not withstanding the dip caused by the impact)?

I'm querying this because after some fittings and analysis my swing graph shows a maximum swing speed some 10mph more than my impact speed (for the driver). So say 92-94mph at impact, a quick dip of a few mph, before accelerating through to about 104mph (just as quick as the dip) before dying off as I complete my swing.

So I guess the query is, is maximum swing speed always after impact? And is there any way to minimize the disparity - I wouldn't mind launching the ball with that extra 10mph!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
There is absolutely no point in swinging any faster after impact!

'Accelerate through impact' is a good/great swing thought, but any effort to actually do so is misplaced - and possibly counter-productive!

Get that 104mph hapenning AT impact!