Matchplay query - need assistance

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Yea but they didn’t win as per the rules so sort of makes your rant pointless.
From my understanding of the previous pages, they did!
Btw, there was nothing 'rantish' about my post, but there certainly does seems to be about your ones!

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Since when did the Ryder Cup have knockout rounds? The fact that there are other rounds is a key point.

Let's not be picky about this, you get the point I am making. Yes the Ryder cup does not have knock out rounds, but the reult of every match does have an impact on everyone.

Does winning some little piece of plastic in a knock out cup really mean this much to people that would not want to do the right thing. They should put it to everyone else that is still in the competition. I am am pretty sure they would not have a problem with the decision that was made and applaude team A for doing the right thing.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
But do you have virtual certainty? ;) Perhaps there are some members who believe all rules always apply.

I am all for the rules and have taken the time to learn them and lot of people at the course will ask me my advice on them. Anyone who has a problem with the outcome needs to have a word with themself and play the game in the spirit of it. What is more important? Playing the game in the spirit of things or have a 100% intolerance for any rule breaking. Team A conceded in the spirit of the game as they did not want to claim the win because they basically cheated to get the win, even though it was probably just a genuine mistake.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am all for the rules and have taken the time to learn them and lot of people at the course will ask me my advice on them. Anyone who has a problem with the outcome needs to have a word with themself and play the game in the spirit of it. What is more important? Playing the game in the spirit of things or have a 100% intolerance for any rule breaking. Team A conceded in the spirit of the game as they did not want to claim the win because they basically cheated to get the win, even though it was probably just a genuine mistake.
The Spirit of the Game
The game relies on the integrity of the individual to ......... abide by the Rules.

IanMcC

Visit site
For the sake of closure to this story, my partner and I beat the team that progressed in the semi-final. So maybe a little bit of Karma there.
And before anyone asks, me still being in the comp had absolutely no bearing on my earlier decision.