Masters Week Thoughts

D

Deleted member 15344

It will always be below the two Opens for me

There is a lot that is wrong about golf that is all over the Masters - a lot of high level snobbery at its best

The fawning
Restricted viewing
“Patrons”
Boiler suits
It all being stuck back in the 60’s
The limited field
“Invitations”

It’s a stunning look golf course and has provided some great competitions but needs to drag itself into modern golf

Will enjoy watching the golf but imo a major should be more inclusive

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On the plus side it signals the start of my golfing year so plenty to be pleased about and six months of playing after work. I love the course and even though we know where the pins will be, especially on Sunday it is still, after all this time asking questions of the best players. On the downside I am against the bolier suits, and for me letting previous winners play indefinitely means someone that could play and potentially have a career changing week misses out. I'd rather a 10-15 year exemption and then that's it and in buy your own means playing well enough to be invited. That and the flawed ticketing allocation, patrons and their antiquated rules over behaviour when you are on the estate.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
According to posts on Instagram, it's to do with his injury, I guess the Nike shoes were not fitting the situation. Don't think he's switched sponsorship, maybe just finding something that works for him.

I cant see Nike just being cool with it though. The man is paid millions to endorse Nike, youd think they'd be able to make him some shoes :ROFLMAO:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I cant see Nike just being cool with it though. The man is paid millions to endorse Nike, youd think they'd be able to make him some shoes :ROFLMAO:

I think like Jordan, Tiger owns a large chunk of Nike. As long as he has on on his shirt and hat, they won’t care.

Just by playing Nikes share value wil rocket.

sunshine

Visit site
for me letting previous winners play indefinitely means someone that could play and potentially have a career changing week misses out. I'd rather a 10-15 year exemption and then that's it

I understand your point.

But who are the players missing out? The guys just outside the top 50 like Keith Mitchell and Maverick McNealy. I think most people would prefer watching veteran legends like Player and Nicklaus chop it around for a few holes even though they have no chance of winning.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just caught some range stuff. Tiger moving on the putting green looked like me after I played 36 the day before. Poor old b#gger.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I understand your point.

But who are the players missing out? The guys just outside the top 50 like Keith Mitchell and Maverick McNealy. I think most people would prefer watching veteran legends like Player and Nicklaus chop it around for a few holes even though they have no chance of winning.

It isn't about the top 50 so they would have the ability to reward a good news story like Richard Bland or maybe give more Asian/Australian players a go.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was looking forward to it but now we're heading off into the wilds with no phone reception. I’m not feeling like I’ll be missing out on much which means I’ll get back on-grid on Monday to find it was a cracker.

sunshine

Visit site
It isn't about the top 50 so they would have the ability to reward a good news story like Richard Bland or maybe give more Asian/Australian players a go.

That's a nice thought, but the reality is the next on the list would be someone anonymous like Keith Mitchell.

I get it, nobody wants to watch Sandy Lyle play. But Langer and Couples, I'd much rather watch them than some young up and coming bomber with a textbook game and swing.