Masters Week Thoughts

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It seems to come round quicker each year especially as we get older!

Who is your money on ? I should like an Englishman but feel Rahm.
Just watched the Drive. Chip and Putt. Some talent there. The follow through on the 14/15 year olds, so supple and 260 yards.

Bring it on!

C7usk

Visit site
Cam Smith or an improving DJ for me... Hardly out there bets but I reckon I'll be on them 2 and get an 40 odd to 1 EW in there also.
Yeah the youngsters sure make my swing look butt ugly.... More so than normal.

Newtonuti

Visit site
This is the best golfing week of the year! Especially as I've a quiet week at work. I'd love Hovland to get a first major, but Cam Smith's looking crazily good at the moment, his putting is just unreal.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Always feels like the proper start of the golfing year, especially from the days when only Majors and Wentworth were televised.

Brings back great memories of my trip there in 2017... I'll turn up to play on Saturday in my Augusta cap and shirt!

Lots of time in front of TV this week!

If Cam Smith wins, will they take him to a decent barber before the Green Jacket Ceremony?

Last edited:

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I thought .. I'd ask my lad for his Sky login on Sunday. Sorted!

:(

I'm on holiday in Wales. Can take firestick with me, but can't find anyway to get my Virgin Media purchased Sky Sports through it, so I'll be forced to watch it on my phone or laptop!

YandaB

Visit site
:(

I'm on holiday in Wales. Can take firestick with me, but can't find anyway to get my Virgin Media purchased Sky Sports through it, so I'll be forced to watch it on my phone or laptop!
Taken hdmi cable with you and watch it on the tele (assuming your laptop has that connection).

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've become less and less interested with each passing year, to the point now where even if it was still on the BBC I doubt whether I'd bother to watch it.

Encapsulates all that's wrong in golf IMHO.

Carbon headed drivers with graphite shafts? ;)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Setting off on a staycation very early next Monday morning. So hopefully it’s done and dusted without a playoff.

Springveldt

Visit site
I've become less and less interested with each passing year, to the point now where even if it was still on the BBC I doubt whether I'd bother to watch it.

Encapsulates all that's wrong in golf IMHO.
Same for me, my least favourite Major. It just stands for everything that was wrong with golf.

Just read a story that Taylor Gooch had shorts on while on the putting green and the Pro had to tell him about the dress code so he ended up putting on his waterproofs. Then you have the whole caddies in boiler suits like they are some kind of subservient.

Throw in the horror stories about people being thrown out for using a phone (even a media guy standing outside the media tent), adults being told to not run like they are some kind of child, TV having to call spectators "Patrons" and that poor guy that tried to scoop some sand from a bunker into a cup that ended up in jail for it.

Whole place stinks imho.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love it .................................. and all it's quirky rules and traditions.
They have their rules, archaic/traditional maybe, but they are their rules.
Abide by them and all is good, none of them are life-changing.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I really don’t mind if a club wants to have a uniform for caddies. I’m not thrilled, given the origins, of continuing to use a white boiler suit… but what really boils my wee is that at a venue where everything is planned in minute detail and presentation of the place and the people working there is almost artificial in its quality and appearance… the boiler suits don’t actually fit the people wearing them !

As for the players, (I mentioned on another thread) With just a couple of exceptions none of the top players could be described as being 'on-form'. Its wide open