Masters postponed

ferenezejohn

Visit site
I don't think it's a crime to say it's been a lousy year, I'm likewise with all sports being wiped out and deciding not to book a holiday, plus what other actions are going to be taken before it gets better no one knows, but it will impact negatively on most of our lives.

I totally agree that we need to do whatever is necessary to prevent loss of life and look after the most vulnerable, the coming months ain't going to be much fun but what has to be done must be done and anyone who disagrees, well!

So in my book it's a lousy year so far but like past generations we will overcome it.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I understand the decision but I am gutted, as I was due to go to the Augusta National Women's Am on the Saturday before.

In terms of rearranging The Masters... I just can't see it. They have it in early-mid April for a reason, and that is that the course is at its best. There is a nice little window where the PGA Tour ends and the Ryder Cup begins in early-mid September, but that can be bad for hurricanes in that part of the world. That does seem to imply that October would be the only viable option, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just decided against running it this year.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I understand the decision but I am gutted, as I was due to go to the Augusta National Women's Am on the Saturday before.

In terms of rearranging The Masters... I just can't see it. They have it in early-mid April for a reason, and that is that the course is at its best. There is a nice little window where the PGA Tour ends and the Ryder Cup begins in early-mid September, but that can be bad for hurricanes in that part of the world. That does seem to imply that October would be the only viable option, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just decided against running it this year.

I suspect all 4 majors will be played this year regardless of when. Unless this Covid 19 continues to multiply.