Single major or Tour Wins

Single Major or Tour Wins

• Total voters

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Players tend to get ranked with majors first so I'd take a single major win and no tour wins. I'd rather one major over any number of tour events

With multiple wins I reckon each player will no doubt have a good long think about it
Can't really say but would the likes of Kuchar/westwood give up their considerable tour wins and a rather large chunk of the 50 mil US they've both earned, for a single major

Not a snap call for either of them I'd say

edit a quick google and I guess Shaun Micheel would be a good compare against the two above, One major and 10mil earnings
would kucher/westie really hand back 40 million dollars and a bunch of trophies to swap win careers with him?

as i say not a easy call for them (easy enough for blokes on a forum) not so easy to make that call to the bank for a major withdrawal (see what I did there)

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
With multiple wins I reckon each player will no doubt have a good long think about it
Can't really say but would the likes of Kuchar/westwood give up their considerable tour wins and a rather large chunk of the 50 mil US they've both earned, for a single major

Not a snap call for either of them I'd say

edit a quick google and I guess Shaun Micheel would be a good compare against the two above, One major and 10mil earnings
would kucher/westie really hand back 40 million dollars and a bunch of trophies to swap win careers with him?

as i say not a easy call for them (easy enough for blokes on a forum) not so easy to make that call to the bank for a major withdrawal (see what I did there)
If I had the choice. I'll have no Major wins but 50+ Tour wins please.

I wouldn't care a jot that my record was belittled by people on a forum who think one Major win and nothing else is a better career record. I'd be too busy drinking cocktails next to my swimming pool in my mansion, thinking about all the great golf I'd played over many past weekends and the millions I'd accumulated doing it.

But, for balance, I'd definitely choose one Major win over multiple monthly medal wins at my club, I wouldn't even be bothered if it was the USPGA Championship either.