Masters 2020

D

Deleted member 15344

Going to be pretty boring tomorrow isn’t it - maybe the ramblings of Butch might make it bearable

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Brilliant from DJ today. It's not over yet though, he's going to spend the night knowing that he SHOULD win it. A few have found to their cost that it doesn't necessarily work out like that.

A fairway and then green in regulation on the first would be perfect for him. Drop one there and I wonder if he could get nervy especially if someone behind gets a fast start. Expect to win him fairly easily though

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s DJ. He’s not got the mental capacity to be nervous. He’ll just turn up, hit balls and take what he gets. Got to love him for that.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
DJ has shot no end of 66's, 65's over the past few weeks, including blitzing the field in the Fedex and winning 18 million $$dollars in one month.

I just looked on the England Golf WHS site and they have him off 9.2 Index ?

How many shots are you going to give him ?

4LEX

Visit site
One of the worst tournaments in major history.

I was excited for it but it Augusta isn't set up for a major this late in the year. Target practice and the scores should be much lower, some really average golf.

I won't even watch tomorrow unless DJ goes into meltdown.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
It’s DJ. He’s not got the mental capacity to be nervous. He’ll just turn up, hit balls and take what he gets. Got to love him for that.
Whilst I agree, he does have form for blowing good positions.

There's no doubt that he should win but according to Masters legend, the competition hasn't even started yet; it's all about the back 9 on Sunday.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I think pick clean and replace it in the same spot would have been sensible.

I don't. It's not exactly a goat track is it???
They are pampered enough as it is.
Sure they are playing for big bucks and major honours. But golf is an outdoor sport. Nobody said it was meant to be easy.
If I saw there was a bit of mud on my ball, the last thing I'd be trying to do is carry it 220 yards over water to a spot on the green 5 yards wide.
Mind you, I wouldn't attempt that if there were wings on my ball....

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Couple of groups away from the leaders look interesting

1301 Bernhard Langer (Ger), Charl Schwartzel (Rsa), Bryson DeChambeau

To see how the two Bs approach the course. And hopefully Charl takes some "patience medicine" beforehand ?

1356 Tommy Fleetwood (Eng), Brooks Koepka, Rory McIlroy (NIrl)

Be good if the starter could hold them back so they had a couple of free holes in front - could maybe generate some momentum. Although group may also set a record of lipping out putts with Rory & Tommy ?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think the only way DJ doesn't win is if someone shoots low 60s.
With apologies to Bryson, DJ's par round here is 69 or worse. The greens are soft enough that being in the wrong spot on the fairway isn't as punishing as normal. Dj is the best player around at playing tee to green to 2 putt golf.
Rory, who is probably the best equiped to go low, will probably get a double halfway through the back nine after killing it...
I'm comfortable with a DJ win. He's an historically accomplished golfer, he doesn't cheat, talk nonsense or be a d**k.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
DJ does seem to be a likeable guy so would be happy for him to win. There's no doubt he's played by far the best golf up to now, even his back to back bogies were a bit unlucky and it's not like he's been scrambling around making long putts for pars. I think someone else would have to shoot very low 60's to win now, his nearest "big gun" challenger is 6 back which is a huge start to give DJ in the form he's in. I think no matter how well Rory plays now he's too far back at 8 shots adrift, unfortunately his first round played him out of it as he's been excellent since, would have to be a flawless final round which is very hard when you need to chase flags.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think the only way DJ doesn't win is if someone shoots low 60s.
With apologies to Bryson, DJ's par round here is 69 or worse. The greens are soft enough that being in the wrong spot on the fairway isn't as punishing as normal. Dj is the best player around at playing tee to green to 2 putt golf.
Rory, who is probably the best equiped to go low, will probably get a double halfway through the back nine after killing it...
I'm comfortable with a DJ win. He's an historically accomplished golfer, he doesn't cheat, talk nonsense or be a d**k.

I think because he is very laid back he becomes likeable - but there is of course the cloud hanging above him in regards rumours of the marching powder and the 6 month “break” he had.

Only thing that annoys me is the chewing tobacco and spitting he does - beyond that he is a bit like the big daft bear

As a golfer you can only admire how he changed his game to move away from the raw power to become a very accomplished golfer - he will win more majors