Mark Roe

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yep - just fitted for Lynx irons at Precision Golf down in Byfleet - couldn't believe it when she said as a pro she had never been fitted.

Prior to her fitting she was using graphite shafts, but has now gone to steel 😯

I fell off my chair when she said that she never been custom fit. Wtf you're a Pro aren't you 😯

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
wasn't he also Le Westwoods short game coach for a while:rofl:

Think he's worked with a number of tour pros, not just Westwood. I don't mind him (there are better out there) and to me the commentary is largely academic as I prefer to watch the pictures. I can see what is going on. I listen when someone is on course describing a shot, or a holes features and could listen to Rich Beem all day but otherwise it's largely background noise.

Sadly in sports where the action is quicker like football it's the idiots like Owen etc, well most of the BT Sports football co-commentators actually, who talk too much and offer nothing insightful. Now they do annoy!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
him and McGinley commentating on Rory last night, he was hitting it everywhere and 5 down, listening to them you'd have thought he was 5 up lol, horrific. The excitement than then followed as he fought back to only lose 2&1 was laughable

D

Deleted member 15344

him and McGinley commentating on Rory last night, he was hitting it everywhere and 5 down, listening to them you'd have thought he was 5 up lol, horrific. The excitement than then followed as he fought back to only lose 2&1 was laughable

It’s cringeworthy beyond belief - it’s as bad as the yank commentators going over board about Woods - embarrassing

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was marshalling at Wentworth one year and he barged straight through a sealed off area making noise as golfers were putting. He had that don’t you know who I am air about him, arrogant beyond belief.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Really don’t like Roe & can’t imagine the decision making process that has installed him as a regular commentator.

I like Ewen Murray, Paul McGinley, Andrew Coltart and really like Wayne Riley. Would happily listen to David Howell as well.

Not or too fussed about Rich Beem but he has grown on me a bit.

i actually didn’t mind Monty and find it strange that he seems to have been ditched, while Roe is still on regularly.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Roe is rank rotten for sure as is Faldo when he is on the golf channel

I know it's all personal but I don't mind Faldo, partially because he actually achieved something in the game; might not be the most exciting commentator but does actually know what he's talking about for me. Wouldn't argue with you about Roe.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can see how he'd wind people up but I like him. Very knowledgeable and not afraid to offer an opinion - unlike many commentators. Not a good as Beemer though and at the end of the day is only commentating; not the be-all and end-all of golf coverage.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Can see how he'd wind people up but I like him. Very knowledgeable and not afraid to offer an opinion - unlike many commentators. Not a good as Beemer though and at the end of the day is only commentating; not the be-all and end-all of golf coverage.

Well actually it is. His constant bias drone is pathetic, has me reaching for the remote to change channel or mute. As was mentioned earlier in the thread he was drooling over how good Rory was despite getting pumped yet other "lesser professional golfers" he slates at times. He was a bang average professional himself but to listen to him you would believe he had won many majors and been a world number one.

He is the link to the coverage and the viewers and to be frank he fails.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well actually it is. His constant bias drone is pathetic, has me reaching for the remote to change channel or mute. As was mentioned earlier in the thread he was drooling over how good Rory was despite getting pumped yet other "lesser professional golfers" he slates at times. He was a bang average professional himself but to listen to him you would believe he had won many majors and been a world number one.

He is the link to the coverage and the viewers and to be frank he fails.

Take your point, in mitigation he can be turned down or at least commentators are cycled out every 20 mins or so!

Appreciate he didn't have a stellar career but he IS knowledgeable and lots better than typical american 'professional commentators' who just suck up to sponsors and networks the whole time. Nick Doherty never achieved heady heights either but is great fronting coverage...

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
I quite like Mark Roe. Met him once at my local range too. Seemed a nice bloke, took a photo with him and he left me a bucket of balls.

Wasn't a fan of Simon Holmes though.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Roe can get on my wick
But that’s nothing compared to mcginley
Utterly pathetic
How he manages to even speak when his head is wedged firmly in the darker nether regions of Rory’s butt cheeks.....well that’s a miracle in itself

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Roe can get on my wick
But that’s nothing compared to mcginley
Utterly pathetic
How he manages to even speak when his head is wedged firmly in the darker nether regions of Rory’s butt cheeks.....well that’s a miracle in itself

I struggle to understand what McGinley is saying at times!

D

Deleted Member 1156

I know it's all personal but I don't mind Faldo, partially because he actually achieved something in the game; might not be the most exciting commentator but does actually know what he's talking about for me. Wouldn't argue with you about Roe.

I agree with this, Faldo has definitely improved over time as well.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I agree with this, Faldo has definitely improved over time as well.

I have to admit I have warmed to Faldo, very dry sense of humour which appeals to me. Still never forgive him for his backside captaincy of the Ryder Cup right enough!

Sandwich list indeed!