• Mark and Lockey

Votes: 53 73.6%
  • Rick and Peter

Votes: 19 26.4%

• Total voters

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've only just discovered rick shields & peter finch, they seem like a couple of decent fellas. Coach Lockey seems like a top bloke, but Mark Crossfields nickname should be thrush:eek:

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've only just discovered rick shields & peter finch, they seem like a couple of decent fellas. Coach Lockey seems like a top bloke, but Mark Crossfields nickname should be thrush:eek:

I know where your coming from, that's why Rick and Peter get my vote. Can't argue that Crossfield knows his stuff, but as others have said on here and in previous threads, he can be a bit 'look at me'

Rick and Pete feel more like me and my mate down the range having a laugh. Trying out Bubba swings and seeing if you can do a happy Gilmore.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whats the Parfield thing all about..? And whats Twidder ;)
Crossfield.. Is he actually any good ? after watching his Vlogs I'm not convinced, I reckon Theres a few cat2 players off here who'd give him a game. Did he scrape in on 4.4 when he turned pro :smirk:

Based just on the Video content I'd go for Shiels & Finch. For me there's more in there, ok he's a bit obsessed with distance but I also think Crossfield is a bit fixated with looks even though he plays with shovels.

Me & My golf ... Its a bit cheesy innit. They should make a sitcom....sitting around in Matching Taylormade onesies all day eating Taylormade biscuits.

Last edited:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Re. Quality - they're instructing pros so just don't spend the time on the course to be super sharp. When real pros turn up (harper and soph) you can see the difference.

Having said that, crossfield is straight off the tee and putts em all to death. I think he'd take the cat2 money.

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Love Crossfield and Lockey they're just so funny on the course, just the way I like to be

But I do like Rick also, and Peter Finch has a bloody lovey swing!!

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
download1_zps78d4b803.jpg

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Me and my golf have gotten better over time. They, especially Andy were so wooden in their early videos. They seem alot more relaxed in front of the camera these days. the crossover between them and rick&pete in turkey were very good. looked like s great working holiday.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rick and Pete for me. Spoke to them on Twitter quite a bit recently in regards to my blog article about Youtube channels, and they're great blokes. Rick was sending me pictures of Pete and Me & My Golf reading my blog which was pretty cool. Very cool guys, and I love the content they put out.

SVB

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mark n locky for vlogs
Pete for tips n tuition

given up on kit reviews as concluded all manufacturers make good stuff, esp in hands of a pro and it is how stuff feels to me that will edge it and none of them can tell me that!

simin

Nosevi

Head Pro
Visit site
Me & My golf ... Its a bit cheesy innit. They should make a sitcom....sitting around in Matching Taylormade onesies all day eating Taylormade biscuits.

:rofl:

I just can't take them either seriously, I'm afraid. Sure the tips are good and they know their stuff but they don't seem as natural as the other 2 pairs in front of the camera, it just all seems a bit 'staged'.

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would say Crossfield for an actual review of clubs and him and locky are good on the course vlogs but i must admit lately shiels and finchy have been doing some good stuff and i enjoyed the turkish airlines blogs(I really really want to go and play night golf). Finchy definately has a great swing out of all of them.

Ista

Hacker
Visit site
I quite like watching all of them to be honest as they have different qualities. Crossfields & Co for vlogs, Rick does good equipment reviews & I also like him & Finchy on the live stuff. I'm going to defend Me & My Golf aswell lol. I thought that their recent take charge tour stuff in the States was a good watch & I like the fact that they talk technical with their swing videos.

I'm not sure about some comments above saying Rick is cold with Crossfield. There was an episode on Twitter a couple of weeks ago when Mark didn't treat Rick very well & he didn't do himself any favours. I think he sees Rick as 'direct competition' to his viewing audience because they both do equipment reviews hence the reason they haven't done a vlog together.

Bit of a shame however Me & My Golf / Rick & Finchy with their recent Turkey vlogs will hopefully show that working with one another actually improves your subscriber numbers.

Good luck to them all anyway. If anyone can make a living rom doing something they actually enjoy then fair play to them.

Last edited:

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
Really like Crossfield, Lockey, Buzza and Gorilla James.

When starting to play golf Crossfields video made a lot of sense where as others seemed to speaking in tongues. Although you can see over the last six months or so he has how you would say embraced his fame.

Not watched enough of Rick to be honest but it sounds like the have a little rivalry brewing away.