• Mark and Lockey

Votes: 53 73.6%
  • Rick and Peter

Votes: 19 26.4%

• Total voters

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have been watching a few of the course videos these two put up, have to say I love them and think they are great entertainment.

Having watched a few I think Mark Crossfields edge it for me, especially the one where his hat blows off showing his bald head. I think Mark and Coach Lockey really bounce of each other well and make the videos very funny. Rick and Peters are very good but just not as fun.

This is not to say I do not enjoy Ricks as they are great too, but thought this would be a fun poll.

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
Tough one for me this as I love parfields course vlogs but prefer ricks equipment reviews. There both fantastic and good luck to the both of them and well done in finding a niche in the market.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I prefer Finch over all of them, think he's funny and technically sound, but hasn't got the same following as the rest of them, Rick is ok but not natural in front of camera.

Matt and Mark are very funny together, also have a lot of time for Buzza as well

WhereIsMyBall

Hacker
Visit site
Mark Crossfield has done a lot more course vlogs and his video production is absolutely top notch (see the recent Trump Turnberry ones as an example). Sometimes find his "Look at us having #topbanter" a bit repetitive and tiresome though. I personally find Rick and (especially) Peter more naturally funny and I think as they do more and work on the production their course vlogs will be right up there too.

There does seem to be a bit of needle between both camps so going forward I'm sure they will keep trying to outdo each other. Should mean plenty of great content from all sides for us viewers in 2015. :thup:

Keeno

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good Poll.

I have to go for Parfield and Blockey, they are the originals!! Although I have to say I really enjoying watching the Vlogs involving all of them.

Very entertaining!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Parfield is turning into a bit of a diva IMO.
I still like his on course videos,but he can get a bit annoying at times.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Rick and Peter for me, I really only watch the instructional and club testing videos and prefer Peter Finch of all of them

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Prefer Rick Shiels and Peter Finch to be honest, at first i watched Crossfield but he's starting to get really annoying and not very funny, worse than him tho is Me and My Golf who wear matching outfits and are really really really annoying

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Prefer Rick Shiels and Peter Finch to be honest, at first i watched Crossfield but he's starting to get really annoying and not very funny, worse than him tho is Me and My Golf who wear matching outfits and are really really really annoying

I can't watch any of the Me & My golf stuff. They are cringeworthy.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Links please to help us decide- only ever seen a MC video but no idea who this coach locky dude is

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Was, and still am to some extent a Parfield fan boy. But recently got into Rick Shiels and Peter Finch, which I am enjoying. To be honest I think they are 2 slightly different markets. Shiels does seem to get a bit caught up in the distance thing and most of his club reviews go on about how far he can hit it, which seems to be the be all and end all to him a lot of the time. Where as Parfield seems a lot more sceptical of the manufacturers claim and his message is constantly that it's all about the strike and contact. I like the vlogs he does when Rory, Blocky and Buzz Man come along as they are good value.

But he can come across as banging on about the same old things time after time. Much like me really. ;) And he does seem to take the mickey out of some of the comments he gets which is a bit dangerous, no matter how stupid they are (and I imagine he does see a whole lot of stupid stuff).

I do like the live lessons Parfield has started doing and if I had to chose one to coach me in real life it would be Parfield all the way. But I also really liked one of Shiels latest videos where he got a mid handicapper to hit the BB irons. As to me that is a lot more realistic and informative than sometimes seeing them hit them, as they always hit them very well and are not really representative of the vast majority of golfers. Also like the Monday night golf show Shiels and Finchy do as there's some good banter there.

So in conclusion, as I think they are both doing great stuff and we need people like this to improve the image and perception of the game, can I vote for both?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They're all good (would have been good to have had mamg as part of the poll).

I've gone for crossfield, but agree with some of the minor niggles. The quality of the course vlogs just gives him the edge.

Not impressed with the Shiels sniping, it's undignified and relects badly on him rather than mc.

All in all though, we are incredibly lucky to have guys churning this stuff out for free. I know they get a cut, but it's hard to begrudge them.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tough one for me this, but Rick and Pete got my vote. I prefer their stupidity and sense of humour. I'm not one for getting too bogged down in technical stuff, so I prefer to watch more light hearted golf vids. The Bubba swing analysis vid makes me laugh, it's just silly things like the milk, but maybe that appeals to my stupid sense of humour. I've put a link to it below.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NjkfdXYeBRE

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Links please to help us decide- only ever seen a MC video but no idea who this coach locky dude is

Man alive! Where you bin dude??

Go to the crossfield channel on youtube. Scroll through the vids till you find a course vlog and go (turnberry is the most recent). Best of all, search for the oldest and start from there. That way you see the development of the production style and characters.