Mark Crossfield - Is he all that?

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If people don't think he's all that and don't like him. Then the simple answer is dont watch him. Personally he is offering free advise so up to you if you take note. I do like his club reviews as I can't get to try Nike clubs in my area so reviews are handy.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site

Ah Rick Shields, I know Rick as he is based at Trafford golf centre not to far from me. I this video though he is trying to bash them as far as he can. He says at the start of the vid that technique goes out of the window, he is putting that bit extra into each hit to get more distance. If he swung at his normal pace with his own gear trust me he would not mis hit 3 from 6, I have seen him in action and mis hits are very rare indeed nothing like they are in this vid

Mozza73

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Marks but he isn't half devoting a lot of time to answering some pretty stupid questions at the moment.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Holy thread revival batman !

As someone who has been away from the game since pre youtubers have came on the scene Mark is one of the main ones I watch. I find his vids and more his editing very entertaining, he holds my attention. Another thing I like about him is his honesty, he doesn't bother about sucking up to any particular company, well maybe Callaway now, but he gives what seems a very honest opinion on things, big thumbs up from me.

OneEyeRon

Hacker
Visit site
I find him rather hit and miss. His club reviews are decent because his swing is very consistent and he has stepped away from ending each review with 'best to try it yourself' which is good. Maybe cutting loose the coach guy and I'd be more keen.

The other two are decent, shiels and finch, although the formers club reviews are wild with his crazy swing!

7255carl

Club Champion
www.loweryourhandicap.siterubix.com
in my opinion, Mark Crossfield is very good, he clearly has a massive in depth knowledge of the sport, and not just the mechanics but actually he is also very good at encouraging people to just get out there and play more. Just my 2p

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to watch them all bar crossfield

I say “all” was finch. Shiels then me and my golf guys

However I got bored of them after 6 months and mark I find very entertaining now and I like how he basically says what the companies don’t want you to hear.. that it is all about the pilot and not the equipment

That Top 5 click bait review he did other day was brilliant. So true

All is basically the same now...

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Crossfield is way ahead of the game imo

Some of the most popular golf youtube people, no names mentioned, are insanely boring and repetitive. Guess that works for a lot of people.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Crossfield is way ahead of the game imo

Some of the most popular golf youtube people, no names mentioned, are insanely boring and repetitive. Guess that works for a lot of people.

Works the first couple times round but when it gets to 3/4 times round makes you not want to watch anymore

So much I’ve stopped watching them

“These results are interesting” if by interesting you mean boring as sin and the same as every other set of results from the last video

Yawn

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Works the first couple times round but when it gets to 3/4 times round makes you not want to watch anymore

So much I’ve stopped watching them

“These results are interesting” if by interesting you mean boring as sin and the same as every other set of results from the last video

Yawn

I like Finch, i think he has a lot of varied and good content.

I never really warmed t o Rick from the start tbh, far too many "i hit this so far" with favourable conditions......

Crossfield is good in short bursts. But can get a little boring to when clowning around constantly, i actually solo his one on one on the course work.

He does seem the most petty of them though, the other two seem genuinely grateful for their positions atm, he seems to like to dig at others for making the area a little more crowded.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like Crossfield, he obviously knows his stuff his on course testing is good, Finch i used to like but getting bored of the I'm not well vlogs and Shiels I've a £1000 driver so what . i like Carter and Fryer as well as Mike Newton they seem to enjoy it.

OneEyeRon

Hacker
Visit site
Shiels I've a £1000 driver so what .

Completely agree Stevo. The click bait is ridiculous, the vids are tempting for me if I'm due to play the course and want a play through! Mind you I think the last few weeks have put me off for a long time on course vlogs. Sick of them now.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Completely agree Stevo. The click bait is ridiculous, the vids are tempting for me if I'm due to play the course and want a play through! Mind you I think the last few weeks have put me off for a long time on course vlogs. Sick of them now.

Haha , i watch to much of them to be honest but beats day time telly when I'm on late shift

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
If you want some common sense and a reality check. It’s crossfield for me.

From an elite teaching professional, I was told he’s a very intelligent and knowledgeable pro. Knows more about the swing than most.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Crossfield is doing some good stuff at the moment and I like the fact that he does a lot of his testing on the course. His vlogs are always good fun too. Finch is still doing some great stuff, and mixes the content up. Gone of Shiels big time and he seems to try and hit everything as far as he can. His tests bear no resemblance to the ordinary golfer. Teeuplo is doing producing some more realistic reviews as a handicap golfer

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Crossfield is doing some good stuff at the moment and I like the fact that he does a lot of his testing on the course. His vlogs are always good fun too. Finch is still doing some great stuff, and mixes the content up. Gone of Shiels big time and he seems to try and hit everything as far as he can. His tests bear no resemblance to the ordinary golfer. Teeuplo is doing producing some more realistic reviews as a handicap golfer

Andy at Teeuplo puts out some good stuff , enjoy watching him

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
ye the guy at teeuplo is interesting for the average hacker like us, just a pity he doesn't have Crossfields charisma but I do watch his club reviews as I'm currently in fishing the market for irons.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Shiels us ok but i get fed up with him repeating, for emphasis, every other sentence