Mark Crossfield - Is he all that?

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I really like his videos. Find them interesting and informative. Tends to speak sense and always review the latest equipment and compares them....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Homer,

How much was it out of interest? Saw his trailers saying more info to follow but never saw any. It's a bit too far for me anyway but it certainly got my interest.

Think it was about £179. With petrol on top and possibly an overnighter depending on start times it would be £200+ I asume as there is nothing on the site it is npw fully booked

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As I said on another post, I like him. He's very enthusiastic and clear on his videos. I think it's far clearer watching and listening to instructions on a video compared to reading a magazine article which can easily be misinterpreted.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
See that Mark Crossfield has posted a video today discussing testing clubs. Can't help but think it's in response to the issues raised on here. Come on Mark, make yourself known here and as you would say "get stuck in"

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Irrespective of whether you like him or not, or agree with the merits of his particular coaching/testing methods, he provides a textbook example of how to reinvent a profession/business in the modern media environment. This is the sort of thing that all those sappy students wanting questionaire studies for their dissertations should be looking at.

Every few months we get a 'how will golf pros survive/are they relevant' thread. Here is a great example of one possible model to take forward.

He does so many things well :

Good quality, well edited videos
Consistent style and content
New content appears at regular intervals
Free basic content with optional revenue earning streams that are not overtly coercive (app/trips/lessons/fitting)
Integration of video content with online shop and 'bricks and mortar' shop

While all these may seem obvious, It takes quite a bit of effort to do all of them day after day. If he were to get lazy and drop the quality/regularity, I'm sure he would not be anywhere near as successful. As brand management goes, it might not be Nike or John Lewis, but it's pretty good.

I wonder if this is covered in the PGA training course. If it's not, it's the sort of thing that they might consider.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
See that Mark Crossfield has posted a video today discussing testing clubs. Can't help but think it's in response to the issues raised on here. Come on Mark, make yourself known here and as you would say "get stuck in"

I'm Mark Crossfield........

Neddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just started watching his videos and like them....he explains things in a language i understand, which can't be said of all the instructional vids i see on t'internet.

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watching a few videos of a certain white-headed brand and obviously Mr Crossfield has done a fair few reviews of them all. Just wanted to say how impressed I am with his ball-striking in his videos. I watched reviews from lots of different pro's and the amount of times they're saying 'ah, I misshit that one' or similar makes the videos seem really amateur-y. I know there's probably some clever video editing going on, but I'd say he hits it well 8 or 9 times out of 10 which is pretty impressive by anyone's standards.

There's one particular video where another pro is testing the R1 vs RBZ II and he miss-hits 3 out of his 6 shots in the test. I know there's some merit in seeing how the club performs on off-centre hits but I also want to know what it feels / goes like when you actually hit it well - you never know, I might actually catch one out of the middle!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree Jimbob, funnily enough i have been watching similar vids!

I liked the test he did between the Rbladze and his "pimped up" JPX825, where he made the JPX the same spec as the RBZ.. i liked the fact he must have taken ages to make the test as fair as possible as he mentioned it took a while to find a set of 3 strikes for a decent average.

he must however do a lot of editing,(well someone does anyway) because his videos are always pretty slick, and as you mentioned, OK he is a pro, but he does strike the ball very well!

andrew_mac

Club Champion
Visit site
I sent him a video and the drills i got back were excellent and for free I think this is excellent for someone like me who is a beginner and just really getting started.

The social network I'm suredelivers real financial return with lessons and fittings.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes he has really created a little niche for himself and fair play to him for doing so. Dont know how anyone can knock him when he is putting free tips and reviews up for everyone to look at. Have to say though 3 mis hits out of 6 for a Pro is very poor indeed as per jimbobs post. Mark himself has a very good swing and you can see it really holding up under pressure.