Manor House or East Sussex

DuclosP

Visit site
Hi all, hoping some people could give some feedback and help us choose. Group of 4 looking to book a quick weekend trip early in July And can't choose between Manor House or East Sussex national. Anyone been on any trips recently to either and care to help us out :)

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm a member at east sussex so will sing its praises.

2 good courses, excellent practise facilities - d range, practise greens chipping green and a short pitching hole and 3 practise holes. Nice hotel and gym. Sarah the pro is great and there is a good pro shop. (have a look at this months Todays Golfer, they did a secret test on the East.)

The two courses are quite different and have several difficult long holes. I always find it a challenge. Bunkers, blind shots, raised tees and greens, trees. Accuracy is a premium of the tee especially the West 18th, and if you are not long, you will struggle to reach a couple of the greens in regulation. But that said, they are enjoyable courses with nice views, nice layouts etc. On the West - 12, 13 and 14 and on the East 14, 15 and 16 are a tough couple of holes.

Have fun if you go!

DuclosP

Visit site
I'm a member at east sussex so will sing its praises..

Have fun if you go!

Thanks for the detailed reply. Been watching a few vlogs and as nice as Manor House looks, the facilities and everything else on offer at East Sussex makes it look like the one to go for.

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed reply. Been watching a few vlogs and as nice as Manor House looks, the facilities and everything else on offer at East Sussex makes it look like the one to go for.

The Manor House is a lovely course, the one thing I would say is it's a course where you will definitely need a buggy. The distance between holes would be a problem if you're walking it. I've played it a few times and it's the only course where it seems like nobody is walking.

Its always in great condition and is a really nice set up with a very really interesting holes. You wouldn't be disappointed if you went there. It's not too far from Bath/Bristol either if you were looking for a few places to drink etc away from the hotel

njrose51

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

No worries. I'm playing this weekend and can't wait! Hope you have a good time in July, but if you all have a bad round don't blame me! ;)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Manor House is fine but I would pick the 2 courses at ESN every time especially if you will be playing 2 rounds.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Manor House is quite a slog - unless you are in buggies, unless you use buggies!

Bowood is an alternative high quality course - or could be used as the 2nd course!