Recommendations for boys golfing holiday (Europe)

CantPuttForToffee

Visit site
Hi All, newbie here but followed the forum for ages.

I am looking to organise a short golfing holiday in July 2020 for 6-8 guys which will be partly a stag doo as well as the annual jaunt. Had the usual suggestions of Spain (done most years) and Portugal and i'm liking the look of Vilamoura. Group isn't a young dumb stag doo, all regular golfers of low to mid handicaps. We are between 40 - 65 so hoping it may be a bit more grown up but we want a blend of quality golf as well as some nightlife and places to eat & drink. Has anyone got any good suggestions of places to look at and i'd also really appreciate feedback of companies people have used to book their holidays and things to check and look out for. Cheers

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
Try Prague, courses are supposed to be decent & beer is cheap. There are some really nice pubs slightly away from the tourist areas. We've done a trip to Gran Canaria staying near the Irish Village that was good fun. Or possibly Belgium, huge choice of beers & courses are supposed to be good. Also done Paphos in Cyprus which was good too.

CantPuttForToffee

Visit site
Try Prague, courses are supposed to be decent & beer is cheap. There are some really nice pubs slightly away from the tourist areas. We've done a trip to Gran Canaria staying near the Irish Village that was good fun. Or possibly Belgium, huge choice of beers & courses are supposed to be good. Also done Paphos in Cyprus which was good too.
Never even thought of Cyprus or Belgium, some food for thought..
Would you recommend booking through a dedicated company or booking everything separate?

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi All, newbie here but followed the forum for ages.

I am looking to organise a short golfing holiday in July 2020 for 6-8 guys which will be partly a stag doo as well as the annual jaunt. Had the usual suggestions of Spain (done most years) and Portugal and i'm liking the look of Vilamoura. Group isn't a young dumb stag doo, all regular golfers of low to mid handicaps. We are between 40 - 65 so hoping it may be a bit more grown up but we want a blend of quality golf as well as some nightlife and places to eat & drink. Has anyone got any good suggestions of places to look at and i'd also really appreciate feedback of companies people have used to book their holidays and things to check and look out for. Cheers

Society has been going to Portugal for years, age range is 40ish to 70ish (oldest this year was 73). A group of men this age is anything but grown up and the older guys put the 'younger' ones to shame with how they were able to play golf the day after the night before. Good courses around Vilamoura, it's hard to keep everyone together for the evening, our group of 20+ tended to separate into about 3 groups - judging by the stories the following morning, none necessarily any better behaved than the other, but all were well catered for food, drink and other entertainment.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
Never even thought of Cyprus or Belgium, some food for thought..
Would you recommend booking through a dedicated company or booking everything separate?

I've done it both ways, if using a company, Bilyana golf have been by far the best I've dealt with, best bet is to price it up both ways and see the difference (don't forget transfers to/from the course as those costs can rack up).

CantPuttForToffee

Visit site
Society has been going to Portugal for years, age range is 40ish to 70ish (oldest this year was 73). A group of men this age is anything but grown up and the older guys put the 'younger' ones to shame with how they were able to play golf the day after the night before. Good courses around Vilamoura, it's hard to keep everyone together for the evening, our group of 20+ tended to separate into about 3 groups - judging by the stories the following morning, none necessarily any better behaved than the other, but all were well catered for food, drink and other entertainment.
hahaha sounds like i might have my hands full then, don't want to be bailing anyone out to make sure we get to the course on time.. Good to hear the positive feedback on vilamoura though, do you know who arranges the trips and what companies they use?

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Hahaha I can relate to this.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Have you looked at Villamartin on the Costa Blanca.

Great square for food and drink, and they have a live bad on every night in the summer (Tony Christie was one of the acts last summer).
You could hire a villa in the area (close enough to all the amenities in Villamartin, and you have some excellent golf courses within a 5-10 minute drive, and plenty more within 30 minutes drive.
Las Colinas, Villamartin, Las Ramblas and Campomoar are all close by. La Finca is 30 minutes away.

micklson66

Visit site
I recommend Prague as well. Very good courses and good nightlife

Went with www.abante.cz who offer various different options depending on how many days you want to stay there.
We played Konopiste, Loreta and Albatross (european tour venue) and enjoyed them all.