Making friends on holiday

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
No point in dieting if we’re not gonna be around for long ?
Some truth in that and just as well we can't see into the future.
But the future never comes, just like tomorrow never comes.

Friends: what are they good for?
Absolutely nothing. A bit like war.

Brads

Visit site
I’ll speak to anyone , anywhere and we always end up chatting to others , sometimes ending up in a few drinks together, but I’ve never caught up with any after the holiday or traded details, or keys for that matter lol and we don’t have a Facebook.

No keys in Maspolomas sand dunes anyway ?

Newtonuti

Visit site
Not so much a holiday, but I still speak to a few folks in Tucson, Arizona I met whilst out there with the RAF. Quite often we joke about being absolutely hammered at 4am on a frat house roof taking the mick out of the lads who's house it was.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am reminded of a story from my 20s.

My then girlfriend and I met this couple whilst holidaying in the Isle of White a few weeks later they turned up at the house I rented with friends and asked if we could put them up whilst they found somewhere to live. The little while turned in to months and they virtually took over the place causing a a lot of rows between me and my mates.

Mind you I met my wife when she was on holiday, staying where I worked.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
A few years ago now, the wife and I went to Kos for a week.
Stayed in a really nice hotel...first night there we were sitting outside having an after dinner drink, as you do, and got drawn into a conversation with two other English couples.
Turned out that I had sold a car to one of the guys Dad's, who lived in Hastings!
Small world...

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I am reminded of a story from my 20s.

My then girlfriend and I met this couple whilst holidaying in the Isle of White a few weeks later they turned up at the house I rented with friends and asked if we could put them up whilst they found somewhere to live. The little while turned in to months and they virtually took over the place causing a a lot of rows between me and my mates.

Mind you I met my wife when she was on holiday, staying where I worked.
I trust you burned the house - to avoid a 3rd disaster! ;):ROFLMAO: