A holiday as good as a rest.

A

Alex1975

Hi all,

I have just come back from 12 days in the south of France where the family has a home. An odd post name as as a holiday should be a rest but this was a family holiday with upto 18 of us so it was MANIC.

The only time I picked up a golf club was to play keep ups with a 60* wedge for 20 mins so when we flew back in yesterday afternoon I dropped my wife and baby home and walked out the door with my clubs.

I met my brother in law there, we are very close and he flys back to Australia tonight where he lives so it was important for us to get some one on one lads time. He is a super talented golfer who plays once a year, we were both very relaxed as we set off and stayed relaxed all the way.

Off the whites I shot a 40 front nine 4 over with two birdis. On the 9th I was on the green in two and missed the 1.5 foot birdi putt that would have given me 3 birdis in 9 holes.... I may not sleep for a while. My bro shot a very tidy 44 so it was a good job I was on fire cos I would for sure not have slept if he had been texting his mum the fact that he beat me!!! and 44 is a lot more like I can shoot regularly.

Anyway its that age old thing of being relaxed, it means more than skill or effort to my game. I found myself in the garden last night and picked up a club to check on my swing and then said "no Alex, dont over analise you fool"

My goal now for the rest of the season is to do the comps I need to be eligible for champs and make the cut for day two of champs. I may not hit the range again till winter... oh and smile :D

A

Alex1975

Isn't it great when it all comes together.

Yep, I seem to get quite a few good 9 holes a year but less good 18s. again I think its because in my mind I am only out for a fun 9. 9 holes means nothing to me as its only half a game but I would hope I learn something from it each time I am on fire even if its for 9 holes, it also does the ego and hunger no harm.