Majors

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
So, they're all done and dusted.

End of July and not another major till April 2020! I don't think the new scheduling has enhanced the majors or made the golf season any better, personally I think it's guff we now have "meaningless tournaments" for the rest of the season.

I think it was Rose who was also against the new major timings.

What does everyone else think?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seems a long wait for the masters next year.
Maybe the USPGA could be later in the year to spread them a bit , and take it around the world not just the USA.
Might need a change of name though.
POSs (Global) GPGA .

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s rubbish - the majors are the main focal point of the season and now they are finished most people won’t care now, I suspect hardly anyone is bothering with the WGC on at the moment

But it’s the PGA who run the schedule and they have tailored it to ensure the Fed Ex doesn’t clash with NFL

It also affected the impact of the majors as well - normally I remember the majors well but can’t recall at the PGA and The US Open

The previous schedule worked well for the golfing world - by moving them the USPGA should be downgraded and the forth major be hosted around the world

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
So, they're all done and dusted.

End of July and not another major till April 2020! I don't think the new scheduling has enhanced the majors or made the golf season any better, personally I think it's guff we now have "meaningless tournaments" for the rest of the season.

I think it was Rose who was also against the new major timings.

What does everyone else think?

Don't know about Rose but Jack certainly is.

https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news...aus-i-dont-like-the-new-major-schedule-183664

And I'm with Jack.

Wolf

Visit site
I like it...1 big event per month over spring & summer.
We just need more big events for the rest of the year 👍
I agree with you, I like the change personally.

Plus hopefully will improve fields in ET events after August with them being more Rolex based events

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What I would like to see is a major played in somewhere other than the US or UK.

It could be one that moves between different countries or even continents.

For me I have far less interest in the USPGA and even the US Open than I do in the Open or Masters. A new event in September or October would be great.