Date Of Your Clubs First Proper Comp 2024

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ours is Sunday 21st April. Which I think is rubbish. It was like this when I got cheered into the role of comp sec a few years ago. I don't do it now. There used to be a start of season Texas scramble that got everyone together. That's not even down. I'm I whining over nothing?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a 5 club comp on April 6th, Bogey the following week, strokeplay on the 20th.

Before that there are no official comps, just pro shop sweeps that not many enter.

At previous clubs the first week in April always signified the beginning of the season.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
23rd March for a monthly stableford and 30th March for the monthly medal. Seems very optimistic at the moment with this bloody weather, the course probably needs 2 weeks of good weather to dry out down the bottom end.

But still, light at the end of the tunnel maybe!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
What’s a proper club comp?

I would say (in my opinion) a Texas Scramble isn’t a proper comp.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
First individual strokeplay handicap qualifying comp is Wednesday 3rd April. There is one of these every week to the end of September. There is an Order Of Merit attached to these.
Loads of BOARD comps and others throughout the season at weekends.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We had a midweek stableford on 17th Jan.
I think it was NQ due to the conditions but it went ahead
First qualifier was 28th Jan

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
We’ve been running comps throughout the winter albeit mainly non-qualifying. Our first qualifier this year is on March 2nd.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
We don’t stop comps. Our monthly medal is replaced with a stableford when we go to preferred lies in winter and there is generally a stableford on most weekends.

But, we’re not a big weekend comp club at any time of the year. The monthly comps get 70 to 100 players. The normal weekly stableford can be as low as 30 on a Saturday, even in the summer.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
We have winter league that runs alternate Sundays through the winter, and a Sunday Stableford each month all year round. Got a Texas Scramble later this month also.
Our first Medal - which might be seen as the first proper comp is booked in for March 31st.
In terms of competing with other members for money and the honour of winning though, we’ve pretty much got 2 a week all year round.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
And the reason I kicked off once at an AGM and got the job of comp sec. I won't be doing that again. Although I dragged the club comp organisation from nothing, to at least having full rules and a folder that showed all the trophies and what they were for. If which I'm proud. There is even still a notice on the main board that I put up eight years ago regarding all major comps.