Date Of Your Clubs First Proper Comp 2024

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Depends what you mean by proper. Our monthly medals and Stablefords have continued every month. But our first 'named' comp if you like is the St Patrick's Day one - however this is a mixed team event. The first individual board comp is the Easter Cup on March 31st.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our first Saturday with reserved tee times is an AmAm on 23rd March. After that there's an event every week until the end of October. The first individual competition is the monthly medal on 20th April.
Until 23rd March we have Winter Stablefords on Saturdays and Sundays, enter on the day. This winter none have been acceptable for handicap due to weather conditions.

wjemather

Visit site
We have proper comps every Saturday and Sunday throughout the year, mostly individual Stableford with 2 medals each month, which are open to all members and 'qualifying' whenever possible.
The first trophy/board comp of the year is mid-March, greensomes Stableford, open to all members.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
We've ceased qualifiers over the winter (Dec/Jan/Feb) to allow us to use forward tees and let the main tees recover. Comps are still played though.

Our first qualifier will (weather permitting) be the Monthly Medal on March 3rd

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have had a few Pro Shop Stableford comps this year, just book in on the day. 1st men's medal isn't until the beginning of May (not sure why not Apr as Ladies have one then)

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
The competition viewed as our club's season opener is on 10th March. It's a singles Stableford comp, with 102 spaces and is open to any member who didn't win a board comp last season and has 3 qualifiers in the last 12 months. It was fully booked within a couple of hours of opening, and has a waiting list of over 30 at the moment.

Last edited:

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Twice every weekend, all throughout the year.

Texas scramble last weekend.

Stableford this Saturday
Medal this Sunday

Next board comp is St Pats Trophy on 16th March.

All winter league semi finals still to be played.

Won’t be long til we can all enter the KO board comps for the major, minor, scatch, rover pairs etc.

Don’t think I could join a club where comps weren’t run every weekend.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have comps all year - so the first was the Jan Stableford on Sat 6 Jan (the New Year's Day comp was cancelled due to weather). But due to course conditions they are not currently qualifying. Next qualifying comp will probably be the March Stableford on 2nd. First board comp will be (like many clubs) the St Patrick's Cup on 16th March.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In Ireland our parkland course is soft as anything so we quit comps in Sept and don't restart till st Patrick's days.
I absolutely fine with it. A proper off season in terrible weather.
The course is shortened and we play a differnt lay out to allow sunlight to get at certain greens to lift any early frost.
The St Patrick's day comp is usually really tough. Course plays long. I really enjoy the challenge of the day and getting the competition juices flowing again.
Typically the course is still not up to speed after that stage and I can't remember it ever being qualifying.
My first qualifying comp last year was April 26th.
Likely be something similar this year.