How long have clubs been in lockdown in total

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just trying to find out how long clubs were closed in England during 2020.

I know it will be 12 weeks for this year (2021)
Our club memberships goes from April to April and when the club was in lockdown last year those who had paid a years green fees were told any lock down periods would be credited against the April 2021 annual subscription.
Now they say they will give only 2 months credit for season starting this April.

Last edited:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
From memory in England we were in lockdown from March 23rd and clubs reopened on May 14th? Then clubs shut from 3rd November to 3rd December ish. And finally from 3rd Jan to 29th March (current lockdown)

These might not be specific im just going off my Garmin scorecards and I'd always been out pretty close to the lockdown dates.

So close to 150 days closed in the year?

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
From memory in England we were in lockdown from March 23rd and clubs reopened on May 14th? Then clubs shut from 3rd November to 3rd December ish. And finally from 3rd Jan to 29th March (current lockdown)

These might not be specific im just going off my Garmin scorecards and I'd always been out pretty close to the lockdown dates.

So close to 150 days closed in the year?
Thanks for that
So that seems to be approximately 5.5 months then.

Interested to see how other clubs have dealt with this

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I guess when they said this, they thought it might be 6 weeks or so. No one would have predicted what happened.

Question for you, would you rather get your rebate, and have the club go bust, or do without, and have a club to be a member of?

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I suppose it's about managing expectations.

After the first lockdown last year an email went out telling us we would not be expected to pay for periods of lockdown and that these would be credited in next years fees.
Some members choose to pay by monthly instalments and these payments were stopped by the club. They were told these payments would only be taken for periods where there was no lockdown. So those of us who paid for the full year in advance seem to have been treated differently.

However
I think it's a great club with two courses and, apart from one r.sole, have great staff. I'm happy to pay and stay.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Two months credit sounds like more than most people will get from their clubs to be honest. :LOL:

Indeed, its not even been mentioned at ours. But then I got 15 months for the price of 12 when I joined my new club and it was only £500 so I'm not complaining - they seem pretty honest and upfront and have made an effort to keep members updated with work thats been carried out through lockdown.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It depends upon which Tier you were in compared to which Tier the club was in.

The only offer we have had so far from our club was a credit for the first lockdown but I know it is going to take a serious look at our finances to see what else they can actually afford so I do not expect anymore.

Still under consideration by me is whether or not to say I do not want the credit and I know quite a few have already said that to the club.

(We are a private members club)